Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

NBN connection not working for both Internet and home phone

[ Edited ]
YL1

The technical came in to my home to setup the modem (previous ADSL) to connect to NBN at last Wednesday, he said the connection should work in hour. But it's never working after he left for both Internet and home phone. The DSL light is on but the internet light and phone light is off on the modem. I spent few hours on the online chat and phone to talk to Optus support, and they said the connection is arleady activate. They said will send me a new modem in 5 business days which means I have more than one week no Internet and phone service. Should my billing adjudged?

I wonder it's not the modem issue but maybe the NBN line connection issue becasue another unit in the same builing reports the same issue as me. Should optus send the technical to check the line in the building again?  

Re: NBN connection not working for both Internet and home phone

AlexRH

Hey there, sorry to hear that you haven't had the smoothest of starts with your service there Smiley Sad

I can confirm that the billing for your NBN connection would only start once the modem detects usage and an active service. 

The modem is the last step and finalises activation when it makes contact with the network.

With that being said, if you do have any further concerns - please get in touch with our Customer Care team via Live Chat here and we'd be more than happy to look into it further with you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

YL1

Thanks, I got the new modem at last Friday night (06/04/2018) and it works now.

So my billing shoud start from last Friday?

Solution

Dan_C

@YL1, that's correct. 

Billing actually commences when the landline side of the order closes off. 

There's an activation workflow where events trigger based on the progression of the order. 

As certain activities close off, the next sequence is triggered.

Once your modem goes online, it triggers the activation of the landline service.

The service is billed from this date onwards. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
30 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos