cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
KWad
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN connection - how long does it really take and how hard is it?

Hi, 

I am trying to get Optus NBN connected.  How long does it normally take. 

I have so far taken about 6 hours on chat and the phone.  One phone call I spoke to them for 1 hour and then the phone dropped out without anything being resolved.  Plus one day at home waiting for NBN technician.  Order was first placed in April. 

NBN technician has been and gone.  Said all good. 

10 days later I ask optus what the problem is.  Why do they not contact me?  Why dont they notice that there has been an error in the NBN connection. 

I am ready to go somewhere else.  We dont yet have the optus modem?

How do I send the Fetch box back?  We dont actually want it.  

Is there some way to talk to somewhere on shore on the phone?  I am sick of the condascending language of the chat people.  They may be trained to use the word stupendous, but its ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tris

Re: NBN connection - how long does it really take and how hard is it?

Hi there, it's strange you've not received your modem considering a Tech has attended and Fetch hardware has been delivered. Could you please send me a PM with your full name, order or account number and your DOB? I'll see if I can get you an update.

Yes TV by Fetch is included with most of our bundles which is why you've probably got one

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
KWad
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN connection - how long does it really take and how hard is it?

Just to update.  For some reason, which optus don’t know, they have cancelled my order and will not be connecting nbn.  They are sending a satchel to get their fetch box back.  So all the time I have spent getting this connection done has been wasted.  I’m going elsewhere.  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors