Searching...
Accepted Solution

NBN connection complaint

Alestra

Hi all,

I am resorting to writing here as despite being an Optus cable customer for some years now getting NBN sorted seems impossible. I have lodged a complaint a couple of weeks later am still getting the run around. 

I find it so frustrating. The sales person I first chatted to made it sound easy and I felt like a valued customer Optus wanted to keep but it is now apparent to me that there is a complete disconnect between the sales team (who appear to tell you want to want to hear) and the implementation team.

I usually use the online chat service so that I have a trancript of the conversation.

I never received a confirmation of my order. It took weeks to even receive an acknowledgment that an order had been made. To date I have not recveived any email confirming what I have ordered (the plan the cost etc). I have been dealing with an Optus Customer Relations Manager who is just not engaging with the issue. 

Today I received a call from an Optus NBN person who did not know the background and said that there was already an active NBN connection with another provider (I have no idea what this is about) and that I need to send a proof of occupation document. I am unclear about what this is but also feel there is a complete disconnect. I have serious doubts about proceeding with Optus for NBN given this.

I do not understand why it seems so difficult for Optus to acknowledge when things go wrong (as happens from time to time) and engage with this issue. I do not know how to escalate this any further other than to lodge a complaint with the Omsbudman which is not ideal.

Has anyone had Optus ackneloedge and address a complaint constructively or should I just give up and go with another provider. There are plenty of them out there.

Thanks for reading.

Re: NBN connection complaint

petergdownload

Not sure about your proof of occupancy requirement (are you in a rented or recently purchaced dwelling?) Sometimes people leave but don't cancel their contracts. If something is in place then yes that will require proving you now live there.

Peter Gillespie

Alestra

Hi Peter,

I own the home and have cable with Optus there currently so it seems crazy to me.

thanks

Solution

petergdownload

The NBN is completely seperate from Optus (You could have both a NBN line in and an Optus cable in at the same time if you want). Optus have to ask NBN to access the connection. So its possible for NBNCo to have some mixed up record of a connection at the address. I can possibly imaging Optus provided the wrong address to the NBN? Perhaps check on that butother 

Forgot to mention that it appears if you swap from Optus Cable to Optus NBN then Optus will disconnect your cable connect almost immeadiately (even if you ask them not to). If you use a third part RSP for the transition one benefit is you can keep your Optus cable up and running for as long as it take to be happy the NBN is actually working well.

Peter Gillespie 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
40 Kudos
32 Kudos
25 Kudos
23 Kudos