Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

NBN connected no internet access

Diva73

Optus NBN package arrived you bewdy internet in a few minutes... installed package all in vain internet red flag

-receive email Optus prompting us to activate our service (HFC-NBN over existing PayTV cables) 

-Look outside and find a NBN utility box installed on exo side of house, news to me? Box has no fly cable or coaxial cable installed into house.

-eventually contact Optus after some on hold torture. NBN co appointment booked for inspection 

-NBN Co a no show & Nothing But Nonsense this is out of Optus hands NBN Co at fault 

- a little more of that on hold torture stuff & Optus  says NBN appointment was rejected, WTF! We now feel like we have done something to upset them?...

-Re appointment NBN visit and  check run cable all good says the NBN bloke 

-I connect router etc  connection installation is correct as I do this type of tech for work. So 192.168...... blah blah blah, router interface says YOUR CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET that’s a green flag for me  so first things first Speedtest.net, oops no internet access so router interface telling porky pies, stands me up & shoots me down....

-ok so time for some more on hold torture before we get in contact with an Optus personel..  we both cheer when we hear a voice come through the phone torture no more and careful as not to shoot the messenger we plead for a solution. Told 1-5 days & we’ll get the green flag

- 6 days on still no green flags just red flags of no internet access.

- I’m now getting kind of depressed & feeling like no one at Optus loves me anymore, think I may have to go eat worms 😔

- This is ground control to major tom Optus your circuits dead there’s something wrong, hello? Optus Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me & Optus operator please connect me to Internet 1982 (just trying to inject a little humour to help me deal with my frustration)

-To Optus I have never shot an Optus messenger so please help me close this case

REFERENCE No COM 1467-3771900

PS shot plenty of Telstra messengers everybody has.... LOL

(For those disturbed about the word ‘shot’ in  my quote above it’s a non literal speech figurement)

CUSTOMER REFERENCE No: COM 1467-3771900

ORDER No: 66927255A

Thankyou Optus

that is of course if you help...

Solution

Re: NBN connected no internet access

Ray_YC

Hi,
Thank you for raising this issue.
This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum as we don't have access to accounts.

Please visit our Can't Connect NBN Internet help and support page.
There are instances where it can take several days to activate on the NBN side. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us or Message Us from your My Optus App under the Help menu. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos