cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor just_a_customer
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN connected but no Optus internet - how long for activation?

Hi Folks

Still not activated since I ordered NBN from Optus on the 3rd May 2017. Even though Optus/NBN said it would be connected by 2nd November 2017. Anyway just submitted a complaint to the TIO for this one with all the photos, SMS texts and emails etc, will see what happens.

At least I still have Optus DSL with 2-3Mb download speeds and can happily enjoy watching fetchTV and enjoy the experience of watching live premier league soccer and movies that pause every 10 seconds and suffer from shaky imagery due to the poor speeds, I can attach the videos / speedtests for proof if Optus would like me to. Anyway the slow DSL speeds is another complaint that I gave up on complaining about many moons ago.....absolutely shocking service all round and how they get away with it is beyond belief!! But they still take your money every month! Absolutely c-r-i-m-i-n-a-l....

Just_A_Customer

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

...though I would post some pictures of the ADSL speeds I get with Optus. Plus disrupted FetchTV recordings from October and November - where films and programs are only partially recorded, but it is like this every month anyway. Optus don't care they really don't or they would be striving to fix these issues. This is why I opted to go for NBN way back in May 2017 to get better speeds as the Optus ADSL is so poor. Optus/NBN have still not activated my NBN connection some 7 months later.

For the ADSL I have even their own speed test through the FetchTV Box says POOR. My speeds are under 1MB and for FetchTV Optus says I need more than 3MB. Will Optus refund me for the FetchTV / ADSL service they are legally contracted to provide but are not? Nope thought not...! Do Optus even monitor customer ADSL connections for poor speeds and proactively contact the customer to advise they are aware and will fix issues, nope thought not...!

just_a_customer

20171105_123720.jpg

Screenshot_2017-11-04-09-21-14.png

Screenshot_2017-11-05-12-15-05.png

Classic movie - been digitally remastered by Optus to a 28 minute version!

20171105_123357.jpg

20171105_123405.jpg

Same with this one

20171105_123415.jpg

20171105_123421.jpg

...and this one

20171105_123435.jpg

...and this one

20171105_123504.jpg

..even kids think Optus is crap

20171105_123539.jpg

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @just_a_customer, thanks for reaching out! They're definitely not the best speed results. We'll generally advise of a connection speed of 3-4 Mbps for HD (720p) streaming on Fetch. When it comes to ADSL speed - there are many factors that determine the sort of connection speed the end user can expect.

• Distance from the exchange, the longer length of copper between your exchange and your address.
  • End user equipment.
  • Old or corroded internal wiring or lead in cables
  • Network capacity -, how many customers we have connected to our DSLAM at your local exchange. 

In terms of NBN availability, have we given you an expected service delivery date? We'll always send you a notification as soon as NBN has finished the roll out in your area. As a retailer we have little to no say when it comes to the NBN roll out. Rest assured, we will let you know. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply.

NBN is available in my area, neighbours are connected etc. Optus website confirmed NBN was available when I signed up for NBN in May 2017. The TIO has sent Optus (who are my service provider) a letter with a deadline of the 22nd November to have the NBN activated.

On the Optus ADSL service I am monitoring my speeds everyday and taking videos of the extremly poor FetchTV viewings etc. I am due to send the TIO an update on this also as Optus are not pro-active in sorting out the ADSL service either.

just_a_customer

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@just_a_customer, that's very odd that we haven't send through correspondence prompting you to make the switch to NBN. I'm happy to run through your service report from my end. I should be able to offer a bit of insight. I'm also happy to confirm whether NBN is something that we're currently able to offer at your address. Are you able to send us private message with your account details? We need your full name, DOB and account number. We'll get back to you as we can.

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

Please find attached the welcome email from May 2017 from Optus for my NBN. NBN cables have been installed, I have an NBN Modem - had this since May 2017. Just need connecting.

If you have access to Optus Systems then check these ref numbers for the history / detail for the NBN

- ORD42000377***

- AMCBD***

Please check out todays ADSL speeds the service is unusable (internet / fetchtv). Dan, please can you escalate this to Rohan Ganeson as Optus need to fix my ADSL speeds, thanks.

Screenshot_2017-11-08-18-33-23-1[1].png

20171108_182906.jpg

Screenshot_2017-11-08-18-28-55.png

just_a_customer

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @just_a_customer, I've sent you a private message. I need to confirm a few more details. We'll chat there. 

0 Kudos
Contributor dpastern
Contributor

Hey Just_a_customer - I'm curious, any updates?   The 22/11 has passed...

I presume you have checked:

https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address.html

what does it say when you enter your address?  I'm connected via Optus FTTP and it says:

"Your premises is connected via Fibre to the premises (FTTP)technology."

I have found Optus' tech support to be atrocious.  I base thisassessment on near 10 years working as a level 3 tech for a small ISP.  

Dave

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor basilrakawi
Occasional Contributor

Still waiting for activation since receiving the modem 5 days ago (2 Feb).
Escalated to NBN level 2 (2 days) - nothing.

NBN technician appointment this morning (8-12am) - nothing

Been on hold (total 3 hours) - to numerous support techos who could only offer - restart the modem - escalate to NBN (twice).

I had a previous NBN connection (disconnected 31st Jan) so I think this is all on Optus.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@basilrakawi, I've replied back to thread →  https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Sagecom-modem-ADSL2-login-username-password-for-NBN/m-p/384433#...

Feel free to chat with us there. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors