cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor johnnyjh
Occasional Contributor

NBN connected but no Optus internet - how long for activation?

I was switched over to NBN FTTN at 2pm. Modem sync is fine but I cannot go on the internet. The modem's home page says "You are connected to the internet" but I'm not. I suspect that Optus have not activated my access. I contacted Optus and they said activation will be done within 24 to 48 hours. What??? I've been connected to the NBN now for 8 hours and still no internet and no phone. How long does this take? How long has it taken others here?

31 Replies
New Contributor Boggie
New Contributor

Re: NBN connected but no Optus internet - how long for activation?

I have been connected to the NBN today at 11am. The connection si completely crazy. First my download speed is around 40M but so unstable. It suddenly goes to 1M and only one way to get it back to 40Mbps is to reset (on/off) modem. Sometime I have to do it 15 times (!!!). I started logging all of it, but probably Optus wouldn’t care to see it.

I lost my IPTV, even SD channels - it is constantly buffering. My conference video link to my office in the US has the same problem. Even skype video is bad !

And yesterday all had been working ok - at 8Mbps ADSL1 link (5.2Mbps measured by the SpeedTest). And now, theoretically at 100Mbps link I struggle to do basic stuff.

Very unhapppy. I've wasted the whole day today....

Bogdan 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Nine hours now and still no activation. I have contacted online help and have the number for the activation team. If this cannot be resolved in the morning I will jump on to another provider sign up and port. I have only taken out month-to-month service with Optus and ready to jump. This is ridiculous. Service should be activated shortly after NBN connection is up and working.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Well going on to 31 hours and still no internet or phone. Still no activation. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Jason_Mann
Occasional Contributor

i have been waiting 6 weeks for nbn activation still not on

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @johnnyjh & @Jason_Mann, really sorry to hear about the delay with your connections 😞 Could you please send through a PM with your full name, home address and order number so we can follow this up? Thank you.

@Boggie, our Tech Support Team will be happy to assist if you're still experiencing difficulties? They're available on 131344 - 24/7. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Boggie
New Contributor

@Jax_K - I am constantly talking to them. Unfortunately, they are not able to answer my basic questions and find solution. Honestly, I am bit tired explaining the problem again and again every time I connect with Optus Support.

All I want to know is why my connection degraded badly, affecting my business performance, when I moved from ADSL1 (!!!) to the super fast Smiley Frustrated NBN. And what Optus is doing and by when to get it fixed. 

It is so obvious that Optus network gets badly congested (it was actually admitted by one of the techs) and the worst time is late afternoon and evening. Eg. yesterday from 6pm to midnight the Internet was unusable - I was connecting at speeds less than 1M.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Jason_Mann
Occasional Contributor

Hi and Thanks - my name is XXXX address is XXXX order number is XXXX account number is XXXX

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Boggie, I'm happy to take a look if you could send you account info through via PM?

@Jason_Mann, I've had to edit your post as you've posted your details publicly. Could you please re-send via PM?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Well it's now 52 hours and still no activation. So the person I called at the activation team didn't get things working. The Optus people on Facebook messenger promised to help but couldn't.

0 Kudos