Searching...

Re: NBN cannot play any catch up service.

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Damn. I did think the Sony magic fix sounded a little too good to last. I'd take it with a grain of salt when the technician just decides its someone elses problem. Might be, but might not.

I'd still be inclined to say Sony have an issue here. Catch Up TV isn't some 'special' type of data as far as the NBN is concerned. Its all just a stream of 1s and 0s. If you can read those 1s and 0s on one device (i.e. you PC) behind the same modem but can't read the 1s and 0s on another device behind the same modem, then I'd be looking to the device first and foremost. 

Any chance you have or could borrow a second TV to test with? 

Hadn't asked but are you watching Catch TV via a Fetch TV or the Sony TV itself?

Peter Gillespie

philharmonica

Finally Optus tech admitted that the modem supplied was crap. Went out and bought an extender. Worked for a while but still buffering too much. I really regret signing with Optus and will be telling all to go elsewhere for nbn service. They all can't be this bad.

philharmonica

Now Optus have handballed back to Telstra. Still waiting for a response from that. It is ironic that that the main reason for going onto the NBN was to stream tv. Now the Netfix Apple TV is buffering and dropping out too. What a giant step backwards as everything was OK with the netgear ADSL modem. Nothing but frustration since I "upgraded". So there will be hours of phone calls again with techs this week.

petergdownload

It won't have gone back to Telstra. Telstra no longer owns the wires. NBNCo will hopefully organise someone to investigate (Optus should be arranging this on your behalf). 

Peter Gillespie

hellang

Have exactly the same problem worked when modem first installed a month or so ago SBS is patchy the rest is history My tv is a new Samsung After sales service with Optus is almost non existant Any one help please

I  DO NOT WANT FETCH

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Melton

Just had nbn fttn installed with basic Optus Sagemcom modem (2.4 GHz wifi only). No Australian catchup services would play video (ie could see the Samsung app menus to select a video) on a new Samsung smart TV. The Samsung Netflix/YouTube apps worked fine. I cant remember if these services had ‘worked’ on ADSL, as they were all  unviable with an ADSL download speed of 2 Mbs! The NBN download is now 20 -30 Mbs, around 1 km from node.

A smart hub reset on the Samsung TV  didn’t fix the problem.

The solution was to enter an Optus DNS IP address  in the TV’s network settings, rather than getting the DNS automatically (I used Optus’s primary DNS address of 198.142.152.164).

I didn’t attempt to fiddle with the Sagemcom modem DNS settings, as web browsing & email on other devices seemed to be working OK. Although googling about this problem seemed to suggest that most of the Sagemcom modem settings are locked down, so perhaps I couldn’t have done that anyway 

petergdownload

Thanks for the info.

FWIW Optus should upgrade your modem on request for a recent install. They are meant to be giving our the 5MHz wifi units in general now.

Peter Gillespie

xmas

Have installed NBN can't access SBS on Demand or Iview even though the settings are saying I am connected I can access youtube

Melton

Have you tried the soultion a couple of posts above (ie enter an Optus DNS address in the TV's Network settings)?

Dan_C

Thanks for the advice.

I just have a question.

The solution was to enter an Optus DNS IP address in the TV’s network settings, rather than getting the DNS automatically (I used Optus’s primary DNS address of 198.142.152.164).

I'm far from an expert on the issue, but I'd have thought that the TV would automatically Fetch Optus DNS settings based on the Optus modem you're connected to.

Which DNS server was coming up by default? 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
84 Kudos
42 Kudos
33 Kudos
24 Kudos
22 Kudos