Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
JudyS
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN called NO NBN

Has anybody else been changed to NBN only to be told they have no modems in stock and so you can’t activate your modem so you have no internet or home phone until they get modems in stock? Time unknown! Why did they change me over yesterday if they can’t give me a compatible modem.??

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: NBN called NO NBN

Oh dear 😞 Not the sort of activation experience we'd want you to have, @JudyS!

Since messaging us, have you been provided an update on the modem delivery? Depending on the type of NBN connection you have, the connection can not activate without a modem with correct firmware. In saying that, once it's dispatched from the warehouse you'll be sent an SMS with tracking information and it would arrive in the next 1-2 days. 

If you'd like us to chase this up, please get in touch with us here.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JudyS
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks. My modem arrived this morning on overnight express. It took another live chat yesterday afternoon to find out that the modems were now in stock but Optus had not emailed the Toll team. Yes it’s hard to believe but they are the facts. Randy on Live Chat finally sorted it out, escalated it to his manager, rang and emailed the warehouse and assured the very cynical by now me that it would arrive. I said that if it didn’t I would buy one and get the credit and he agreed. It’s now all working but I feel bruised and battered from the experience. I’ve asked to make a formal complaint about connecting me to nbn without a modem and Randy has sent it to the complaints team. The very cynical by now me is not optimistic that I will hear anything but it is in the hope that Optus might get out of its silos and talk to each other to coordinate service so that the next poor customer might get better coordinated service. I’ve worked for the public service and when we get caught in silos we end up answering a ministerial letter of complaint explaining our incompetence. Optus is supposed to be the wonderful private sector! Your CEO won’t be sending me an apology letter. 

0 Kudos
GUS4US
New Contributor
New Contributor

That is just rediculous isnt it. When I went to a higher modem , noone wanted the old one back, even though it was only weeks old and I shouldnt have got that one in the first place. Hope you have one now

0 Kudos
JudyS
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you. I do have a modem now but with a very bitter taste in my mouth. 

0 Kudos