Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor RAY88
Occasional Contributor

NBN cable conduit installation

Is anyone able to confirm if it’s normal for NBN lead in conduit to be open ended as in this pic.? It’s not under cover and is exposed to rain, foreign matter, etc. getting inside. I did ask the installer this week. He was a bit hard to understand but said something to the effect that it’s open in case other cables are needed in future. I’m pretty sure I recall reading somewhere that all conduits must be capped as they are installed to prevent entry of dirt and water.

Installed crop.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NBN cable conduit installation

Its not a great install but probably no biggie. The cable itself is water proof so no issues with it getting wet. If you want to it probably wouldn't hurt to put a bit of duct tape around the top of the pipe there just to keep most stuff out.

FWIW NBN installations vary a fair bit. Some just drape the cable around as needed others do conduit to varying degrees. The main concern is probably physical damage. My install looks a lot like yours although the conduit comes down from the roof and so is open but pointing downwards.

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor RAY88
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN cable conduit installation

Many thanks for the info @petergdownload. Duct tape looks like an easy compromise that hadn't occurred to me. I reckon it could eventually become quite clogged if left open. Off to O/Works ...

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors