cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Kyle137
New Contributor

NBN box is not compatible with Optus fixed line, it only works on Telstra fixed line

Anyone encounter this before?

NBN box is not compatible with Optus fixed line, it only works on Telstra fixed line.

I have been with Optus on day 1 when my house was completed (about 7 years ago). During construction, I paid my builder to get Telstra ready. However, after the completion of the house, I decided to use Optus. Optus had to do a separate connection to my house. All the cabling in my house was channel to a room where the Optus connection point was brought in, which is different to the original point for Telstra.

When the NBN technician came over last week, they installed the NBN box onto the Telstra line, which I never used plus the location was easily 20 meters from the cabling. 

Contacted Optus today, their solution is either to run a cable frolm the NBN box and link it back to the cabling room, or get a private contractor to redo the wiring and pay for it myself.

I am totally disappointed with Optus.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NBN box is not compatible with Optus fixed line, it only works on Telstra fixed line

NBN Co have bought all of the Optus and Telstra cable infrastructure.

The Optus infrastructure is not fit for purpose moving forward so it will be completely junked once the rollout is completed in 3 years time.

If your area uses HFC cable for the NBN then it will come via the Telstra conduit into your house.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos