cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN availability at Tomakin

When will the NBN be available at xxxxxxxxxx?

My neighbour at xxxxxxxxx has it connected via Aussie Broadband but I don't want to changed ISPs without checking with you.

Apparently, the NBN is at the street pits but has run out of Ports. ???

Are you able to advise?

I have been waiting many years for the NBN.

Regards

Peter Cornelly

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN availability at Tomakin

There is no time frame for the FTTC connection other then by the end of the year. Enter your address here to check your yourself.

You can even register there to get notified when NBN becomes available.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It won't be a ports issue (that's an ADSL thing). You're one of the unlucky 100,000 or so households that NBNCo have put off til the very end. You can register for updates from NBNCo at that link above (after you search).

The good news is it is FTTC so will be capable of very fast speeds. Just don't choose Telstra for the NBN though.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@petergdownload wrote:
It won't be a ports issue (that's an ADSL thing). 

The FTTC DPU in the pits have 4 ports each (as far as I know), so it could very well be that they are all in use and more DPU's are needed in the street than expected.

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Than expected? They didn't bother counting the number of houses in the street?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@petergdownload wrote:
Than expected? They didn't bother counting the number of houses in the street?

There have definitely been tons of missed addressed. The address database NBN relied on had an estimated 95% accuracy which means over 600,000 errors. Throw in an unexpected granny flat here, a new development there and every now and then you are bound to come up short for one reason or another.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks
Registered with the NBN over a year ago, no updates😢
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

☹️☹️☹️☹️
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Any RSP should be able to connect you to the RSP (although some are better than others at doing it). Its possible your address just needs to be updated in the NBN database. Optus should be able to do that if you contact them directly (twitter / facebook)

But you could also try AussieBroadband who might also be able to shake something loose if you get no joy.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Lucasdog1, can I please request you to not post your personal information (Address) on this public forum. For now I have removed it for you. I have checked your address with NBN  directly and they are saying - There’s still work to do before your premises is ready to connect. NBN is not our Network The roll-out is looked after by NBN directly. You can double check through the → NBN webiste to confirm. You will be notified by NBN once it is ready. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos