cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN at new apartment. Optus chat tell me something different to Optus phone

Relocating to an apartment that is brand new and everything is set up.

When speaking to NBN or building management they have told me that Fibre connection to room and that the Building has FTTB

Nbn co said Optus need to simply send address request as everything ready to go.

Everyone on chat either tech support or sales keep Ctrl + V same answer. "NBN not availble"

Spoke to Optus on the phone and they told the people on Chat were incorrect and Sales simply send off the order to NBN to confirm. He went to transfer me but hung up instead...

Considering going to the ombudsmen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: NBN at new apartment. Optus chat tell me something different to Optus phone

@ryancw,

Head to NBN website → pop your address into the address search bar. 

Does that show that NBN (FTTB) is currently available at the new address?

Our service qualifcation database holds the exact same info.

Let us know what you find. Happy to try and help out. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN at new apartment. Optus chat tell me something different to Optus phone

The address search does not bring it up hence why NBN said which ever internet provider I choose simply needs to send an address request to them. Its a brand new and has FTTB. The modem was pre installed.

Another provider was able to do this no problem and said Optus always have issues with NBN for new apartments?

I now have NBN and it was done within 24 hours... I was trying with Optus for nearly 3 weeks and got no where.

0 Kudos