Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor thejazzz
New Contributor

NBN appointment no show because of "Network Augmentation"

Hi,

NBN technician did not show up as per the appointment. Now when I try to find out from Optus Support when I can get an alternate appointment, I am told that NBN has a "network augmentation" going on and that Optus can't tell me when I can get an appointment set up? My partner works from home a lot and the internet is absolutely critical at home. I booked this appointment well ahead of time so I don't understand why these delays are happening.

Regards,

thejas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NBN appointment no show because of "Network Augmentation"

I assume your old internet is still available?

Optus has no direct control over NBNCo and staff so can't force appointments or ensure people turn up. That said Optus should be able to do better at keeping you informaed about what is going on and what it means.

I can only suggest you try contact Optus again (different staff will give you different answers). Try Optus Facebook or Optus LIVECHAT for best results.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
New Contributor thejazzz
New Contributor

I am moving home and this is the installation at my new home. I completely understand that Optus can't control NBN techs and I get that it's not their fault. But yesterday, they told me to contact support in 24 hours for an appointment. So I waited and did today and they're telling me the same thing again and that my order is cancelled!! I've tried live chat, the phone, messages. None of the channels have been able to answer a simple question - when can this appointment be rescheduled to? 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

'Augmentation' seems to do with CVC upgrades (more bandwidth to the street). It shouldn't prevent an NBN tech adding you to the network but maybe it does.

Its possible the NBN just isn't telling Optus when the work is being done but also possible the service agents can't be bothered looking past their screen and finding out what is happening.

What suburb / street?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor thejazzz
New Contributor

Mulgrave, Victoria. Edgbaston way. 

0 Kudos