cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

macdermottj
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN and optus modem connected but no internet

2 days without internet connection with new NBN and Optus modem (F@ST 5366TN) connected
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: NBN and optus modem connected but no internet

Hi, there! 

Did we remotely activate the service, or did we send out a technician to install any of the equipment? 

Would you happen to know of the type of NBN service you have? Also, which lights are lit up on the modem? Do you have a green @ internet light?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
macdermottj
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Dan for your response.  It was sorted out on Wednesday 22nd.  I was sent the modem on the Monday and did not have a technician to install.  I thought I'd be OK to follow the pretty simple setup.  I could not work out why it was not providing internet connection even though the modem was identifying that it was connected to the NBN modem which was indicating full functioning.  A technician came on Wednesday and identified it was something that had to be changed on the line remotely by Optus - I did notice that I now have 5 of the modem lights on (Phone light came on after Optus remote modification on the Wednesday).  All good now - 45-50 mbps.  Cheers,

James

AndyTran
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I am having an exactly same issue right now. Signed up the contact on Sat 05/06/2021 and until now 08/06/2021 still have no internet connection even all the lights on modem are lit up as they should. I already raise concern to Optus team and they passed it on to case manager Rhea. I convinced her to send technician to my address to check on but receive no reply at all about that. My case number is 100******. Case manager only called and asked me if I already connect the modem or not and even I told her that I did,she still said she will call back on another day. I have been out of internet for almost 2 weeks from previous provider and decided to go with Optus,expecting better connection but however it still didn't resolved the issue as it should. I hope this will reach out to higher management team and convince Rhea to actually send technician to my address and resolve the issue like this customer has been experienced.

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Hi @AndyTran. Thanks for posting on Yes Crowd. 

Since Yes Crowd is a public forum, we don't have the ability to look into cases or account details. To have this looked into, we highly recommend getting in touch with our 24x7 Experts in the My Optus App

If for some reason you're unable to get in touch through there, please send a PM/DM to our official Facebook page or Twitter page and the team will be able to investigate this further for you and have your case followed up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors