Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Waggaarchitect
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN and extension handsets at home

I am being told that now I have installed NBN that I cannot have an extension in another room. Is this correct? Is there a work-around?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: NBN and extension handsets at home

Hi

Cordless home phones. Plug the base station into the modem and away you go.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Waggaarchitect
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for that suggestion. Alas,  I have a home office with the incoming line connected to the back of the new modem in the office. I also have a wall oulet in the kitchen to the main telephone number and want to connect that kitchen outlet with a piggy back adaptor so both handsets will ring, thanks.

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

You might need to get someone to put a wall plate to input the line from the modem and piggy back to your old copper phone line to it will run parallel with both phones in the office and kitchen. The easiest way, suggested above, is to get a cordless phone with multiple handsets. You can set that all the handsets will ring on in coming calls. I will try to get new socket as an input and link to the existing phone sockets for my dad's place before switching over to NBN.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos