cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Cujo
New Contributor

NBN and Monitored House Alarm

Hi,  Has anyone with a monitored house alarm that is not IP enabled, been successfully connected with Optus to Fibre to the Node ?

I am being told by different Optus representatives that I can and can't use them.  This is so confusing.  I just want to be able to connect to the NBN and still have my house alarm monitored.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: NBN and Monitored House Alarm

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

From all the discussions I have seen on this subject the answer is won't be able to connect your monitored house alarm to the NBN.

To get a definitive answer why not speak to the alarm manufacturer and/or the installer.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

What model alarm system do you have (Optionally, what is the address and keycode?)

I don't see why fibre would mean you can't have an alarm system (possibly the issue in question is that the system is more vulnerable to a power outage whereas before comunications could continue).

As @Davelew says, the best place to start is with the alarm company. its there specific business and I'm sure they've got answers on how you can connect (or not) using FTTP with their system.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Depends on the model of your alarm system. I second contact the alarm company. I think some of the Bosch alarm systems are compatible with nbn. You might able to attached a mobile module to the alarm system and use the mobile network as your connection like some of the wireless eftpos machines. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors