cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor TLM
New Contributor

NBN activation

Nbn activation 5/4/19 failed. Contacted Optus & after much testing they decided modem was faulty & a new modem was to be sent. Modem never arrived. 1st lie. On 12/4/19 I was told the modem I had was OK & the problem was the order was"stuck in the system/line". It took Optus 7 days to figure that out. Optus NBN case worker contacted me on 15/4/19 (day 10) with same info & said he would phone me again 24-48hrs. Now 23/4/19 (day 18) and still no working internet modem. Previously working Optus ADSL cannot be recconnected. To date I have spent over 6hrs on hold & 3.5 hrs waiting for "on line chat". So far I've been told the problem is the faulty modem, NBN coy didn't activate line, Optus order was stuck, and finally the last person said they had no idea what was wrong or how to fix it and there was no way to contact the case worker directly. Still no call from Optus case worker. I've emailed complaints area but of course no reply from them either.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: NBN activation

Sounds remarkably similar to this post a few hours before yours. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor TLM
New Contributor

Yes it looks like Optus are at least consistent. I have since contacted NBN coy directly to confirm that they did activate on 5/4/19. They also told me that Optus has not raised any request with them for a technician or testing. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor GaryWant
New Contributor

Had very similar issues in getting my NBN working. Took 6 weeks,  each blamed each other. Finally had enough of the rubbish excuses and lodged a formal complaint via the Telecommunications Indusrty Onbudsman ( https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint ). Within 10 working days issue resolved. Optus still blamed the NBN but got it working.

Top Contributors