Is anyone else having problems with NBN activation through Optus? This is my experience so far:
31 Mar 2019 – Lodge order for address relocation of ADSL and advised that NBN will be installed at the new address
16 Apr 2019 – NBN perform installation at new address (no problem and great service)
17 Apr 2019 – Follow up with Optus and they inform the order is stuck in the system. Optus changes the activation date from 16 Apr 2019 to 17 Apr 2019
18 Apr 2019 – Contact Optus who advise they have escalated the issue and will get back to me in 24 hrs
19 Apr 2019 – No return call from Optus. I contact them and they advise the issue has been made a high priority and will be fixed in 2-3 business days
23 Apr 2019 – Optus change the order in the system and make another appointment on 29 Apr 2019 for NBN to perform the installation (which was already completed)
..... currently waiting on the phone
23 Apr 2019 - Spoke to a person from the Optus activation team. He spent some time on the phone with me and advised that he had made some changes to activate the service and it should be available in a few hours. He said that I would receive a call later today to confirm if the service is working or if there are any ongoing issues.
..... checked the online status of the original order using the track order search... the order appears to have been deleted as the search now says "No Orders found"
What technology NBN are you using?
It does sound like something has gone wrong with the install though. Unfortunately Optus don't control the NBNCo and so can only request actions which can take some time to act on (NBNCo is pretty busy at the moment). Its sounds like it is an installation issue (outside your home) and only NBNCo can fix that. Optus should be crediting you for any extended down time (again ask) - they also can offer a temp solution using 4G mobile data if you are in such an area. You buy the $40 memory stick in a store and get $10Gb of data or so and it will be recredited to your bill. (Again ask)
Contact wise, Optus has problems following up with customers IME - take any promises to do so with a grain of salt.
yes I have had this issue on going now for over 6 weeks without a service. Each time I call I get the same answer its an order cancellation pending then re key. I would have a case manager working on this and following up but they never get back to me. It looks like its in the 'too hard backet now' and im doomed never to have a service again. Will have to look to move provider. Terrible service.
Who is your case manager? Do you have a reference or fault ticket number we can try to follow up on?
Hmm, I can't locate anybody with the name Michen.
That is certainly your right to do so if you wish. It's likely the Customer Relations team will liaise with the Case Manager and work together to get it resolved.
I originally created this thread back in April. As you could see, my issue was related to having NBN installed at my new address after moving. So what happened......
- Apr, 2019. I lodged an online complaint to Optus (reply was received a few weeks later)
- Apr, 2019. In the mean time and after more phone calls, I asked to have my service cancelled (NBN activation and home phone). The representative agreed that there would be no cancellation fees (after some discussion). The service cancellation request was issued and I just had to wait for the final bill to have the account cancellation finalised.
- May, 2019. The next bill arrived and I was charged the normal monthly fee, and the service wasn't cancelled.
- May, 2019. I called again and the was transferred to various teams who didn't seem to have access to perform the cancellation or remove the charges.....However, at about the same time I received an email from a nice person from the Customer Relations team (responding to the online complaint). They removed the charges and told me that there was a technical issue that was delaying the cancellation (i.e. multiple teams need to complete tasks for an account to be cancelled). They told me they would monitor the issue until it was resolved. I was also given the email address for the Customer Relations team and a reference number.
- June, 2019. Invoice issued for monthly fee. I contacted the Customer Relations team via email. The nice representative apologised and removed the charges.
- July, 2019. Invoice issued for monthly fee. I contacted the Customer Relations team via email. The nice representative apologised and removed the charges.
- August, 2019. Account cancelled. I was contacted by the nice representative who apologised and advised that the account was cancelled and final charges removed. Also received the final bill which shows a credit amount for the portion of the payment I had prepaid prior to cancellation.
* My impression.... There were a number of different teams required to activate my service and subsequently cancel my service. Each person I spoke to was very nice and tried to be helpful. However, none of them had the system access to manage the request end-to-end. So, all they could do was apologise when there was an issue or delay. I assume they were also at the mercy of the NBN company and had no visibility of the status of the NBN part of the service, or the priority set by the NBN team.......Oh, and yes........this is the version of events written without the benefit of the extreme frustration I experienced throughout the process.
Cheers and good luck.