Searching...
Highlighted

NBN activation - 4 weeks and Still Waiting

pandnj

NBN connected 4 weeks ago and still waiting to be activated - 4 chats - promises - escalation - surely its not this hard come on Optus having a glossy website is no good when you cannot deliver on the basics.

Re: NBN activation - 4 weeks and Still Waiting

Jeneral__Pain

What kind of NBN tech are you getting?

Do you know if your house is already connected or has had a tech coming?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

pandnj

Hi

It has been connected but apparently the backend team need to activate it not sure what this means but all the hardware is connected by an NBN tech - so I can connect to the wifi router but no internet is available. Optus tell me  that the activation team are awaiting NBN to activate?

[ Edited ]
Ray_YC

When you track your order does it say Unable to activate?

A current occurrence with HFC NBN is where the physical install is done but it takes time before the order is completed on the NBN side, this can sometimes take 24 hours and most often a week. This is monitored by us so the customer is advised when the service is active. 

4 weeks is a long time, please follow our complaints process.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

pandnj

Followed the complaints process but unfortunately/disappointingly no response.

Ray_YC

Not good to hear that.

Can you please PM me with more information including your full name, account number, date of birth and dates/reference numbers of the complaint(s) you logged?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
53 Kudos
30 Kudos
23 Kudos
18 Kudos