Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN activated the service - Optus not delivering any hardware

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how long t will take for Optus to deliver my router etc.?

I have ordered NBN a dew weeks ago, it got activated on 26/3 but I still have no router from Optus as yet and it is the 1/4.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: NBN activated the service - Optus not delivering any hardware

Hi @Michael-R, generally, the modem is delivered prior to any NBN installation taking place. 

However, as far as I know there have been some slight delays with modem deliveries due to COVID-19 impacts. Once your modem has been dispatched from the warehouse we'll let know via SMS/email. Please note that we wouldn't be charging your for the new service until your modem makes connection with our network and usage is identified. 

I can appreciate that you're wanting to get online ASAP and we do have some support measures in place for the interim, you can find these on our Coronavirus Support page. 

Stay safe, and I hope we can get your connection up and running soon 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN activated the service - Optus not delivering any hardware

Hi @Alex_RH 

Thanks for your reply.

I am doing home office for a week now. I started with a mobile hotspot and then after a few days connected an old cable modem that was NBN ready (luckily) and I got it to work for now. Not ideal but I can properly work from home. Looking forward to the new modem though.

0 Kudos