Searching...
Accepted Solution

NBN Wi-Fi 'connected', but no internet!

millsey24

I recently moved house, taking my Optus home broadband service with me. My previous address did not have NBN (regular ADSL), though my new property did. I was told the NBN service had been previously installed at the property, and all I had to do was take my sagemcom 3864V3AC modem, plug it in, and NBN service should run smoothly.

Since setting it up I have been able to connect my Macbook, phone, and Fetch box to the modem - and all the lights are green. However, it is only my Macbook that actually gets internet access. My Samsung says "connected to Wi-Fi, but no internet connection" and the Fetch box says it is connected, but then also no internet.

I have tried resetting the modem, changing the password, deleting it as a saved auto-connect function on my phone, but nothing seems to have worked.

Any help/thoughts/suggestions?

Cheers

Re: NBN Wi-Fi 'connected', but no internet!

10000000000GB

Maybe its dynamic IP assignment doesnt work, but the macbook is bypassing that.

Maybe Optus locks each NBN router MAC address onto a certain phone line, and moving it doesnt actually work.

Does anything else connect when the macbook is off?

millsey24

Thanks for the feedback! I have figured out that I can have one device connected to internet at a time - e.g., Macbook, or phone, or Fetch Box. The issue is still having multiple devices connected.

Any thoughts on what I could do to fix this? Or is a fault with the modem/phone line?

Solution

Toomey

Hey @millsey24, can you try changing your WiFi channel and let us know if that works? → How to change your Wi-Fi channel 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

10000000000GB

Router sounds a bit broken; only allowing one thing through DHCP.  If youve reset it, then it should be back to normal, or broken. There may be some other equipment in the works, constraining the router.

Solution

millsey24

Thank you both for the feedback! I reset the router a few times while playing around with the settings. It's taken me a couple of hours, but it's finally working on all devices Smiley Happy

Dan_C

Thanks for the update@millsey24

Great job guys! @10000000000GB, @Toomey

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Sandio

We’ve just changed over to NBN and get the WiFi connected no internet issue. This is a big problem because we have no landline with this now (& we have young kids who are mobile free). Apart from apparently paying a fee for no service (which I’m not sure is legal so I expect to not pay for this service until it works!!!)  there is a safety issue with this. Apparently Optus is going to try to fix this remotely within 24 hours but I’m not sure I believe that they will. Has anyone got any ideas? I wish we had stuck with ADSL! Sandi

Shauna

Hey @Sandio - can appreciate where you're coming from here.

Have you been provided with any fault reference numbers I could look into?

judithann1

I am unsure the service is on,  I am waiting to be notified. I am awaiting for the password, I don't know where or which one it is; 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
54 Kudos
27 Kudos
20 Kudos
19 Kudos