cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Switch over disaster

Signed up to change over from Optus broardband cable to NBN. Was promised no interuption to service. Cable would not be disconnected until well after NBN connection. Well , got a text msg this afternnon asking to confirm an over 18yr person will be home for connection date in 1 weeks time. We Confimed. 1 hour later, cable internet is cut off. Spent hours on live chat. Told nothing can be done. Cannot restore internet.

Seriously. What a joke. How many change overs do Optus do every week. Every day.? I would actually like to know.

How can they muck this up??? This is basic stuff.

The idiot responsible will no doubt go off scott free while we suffer. This is not acceptable. Completely unprofessional. Should not have transferred with Optus. Word of advice-- change to a different supplier. You would think loyal customers would be better looked after than this

NOT GOOD ENOUGH OPTUS. Please explain !!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: NBN Switch over disaster

Commiserations. It sounds like a stuff up of basic and monumental proportions. It is actual now illegal for an RSP to disconnect an existing technology before the new NBN connection has been confirmed operational. The only exception would be if your whole suburb has had the NBN available for a while and Optus has just shut it down.

Optus should be able to restore your connection or provide an alternative like a free USB stick you can buy in an optus store. But that would depend on finding someone who would get on to that. Try Optus Facebook if you can as apparently that is where Optus are hiding the NBN experts.

FWIW I suggest an alternative when switching from Optus to the NBN. You can use a second RSP that has month to month contracts. That way there is no chance of Optus shutting your optus line down prematurely. Once you have NBN up and running you can either stay with the RSP or jump back to Optus. No help for you though @BDoll 

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey Peter. You are a legend. Went back to the Optus store where we signed up for NBN. The guy spent some time on calls and eventually got our cable reinstated quick smart and in a hurry. 

We spent hours last night with tech help on chat and got no where. We were told it could not be reconnected. Amazing how you are at a loss when you dont know the ropes. Appreciate your help and expert knowledge. Goodonya mate. Many thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Interested to know which law governs disconnection of service. Recently had NBN service ported successfully in Oct, December 2nd service disconnected to fix mobile porting issue on same order without consultation or fail safes - Dec 15 still disconnected. Optus ghosting me.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors