Searching...
Highlighted

NBN Stops working at 11pm

Urupianga

My NBN stops working at exactly 11pm. This is very suspicious. There is nothing on the optus site for my area and i have been waiting for over 40mins to talk to optus about this. Why is this happening? Why at 11pm exactly? What should i do?

Re: NBN Stops working at 11pm

Urupianga

After waiting for almost 1hr on the phone optus said their NBN help service is experiencing technical difficulties and hanged up on me. Is this for real? What do i do next? I need internet and telstra is as bad if not worst than optus, so what are my options?

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Are you saying

Your internet stops working at 11pm?

or

Your internet stopped working at 11pm?

A further check shows that something happened to the NBN around 11pm last night. They appear to be still working on it.

http://aussieoutages.com/status/nbnco/map         (also read comments)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Urupianga

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

I meant it stops working at 11pm, but later on it comes back. It has happened at least during the last two days. I'm not always up at that time and I have not been up to see when it comes back exactly.

It is on the spot though, exactly 11pm. I have consulted the outages and it has none for my area, on both nights.

Hope that clarifies your questions. I tried to contact Optus but they stringed me along for almost an hour and then hanged up on me.

I will be putting in a formal complaint in writing, if this continues to happen, and then contact the Telecommunications and Broadcaster something something to lodge a complaint as well.

Hideoki

This happens to me a couple of times a week as well.   Just stops and then starts up again about 20 minutes later.

Very frustrating as this will dump me from whatever I am doing.  

petergdownload

Strange. Probably something that will just clear itself up mysteriously at some point. If it doesn't then the 11pm timestamp should provide some clue to the cause (IMO it suggests maybe something happening in your house around that time?) 

FWIW the TIO is unlikely to be much help just yet. They look to see contracts are being adhered to and 100% functionality (or anything like it) isn't in the contracts. If it becames a constant issue or covers a longer time then your complaint would carry more weight IMO

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

Urupianga

Yes, it's strange and I suspect they are doing something to the network at that time and are not announcing it for whatever legal or laziness reasons. Nothing changes at 11pm at my place. Anyway, thank you for all of your resplies.

Appreciate it.

Dan_C

Hey @Urupianga,

What you've described does sound really strange. I can't say that I'm come across a dropout issue that corresponds with any particular time of the day or night. We do time stamp each individual session on our end. We can definitely check to see whether we've recorded more than two instances where the service has dropped out at 11:00PM. Feel free to send us a PM with your account details. We'll need your full name, DOB and username or account number. We'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
19 Kudos
9 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos