Searching...
Highlighted

NBN Speed settings

WeirdOldFart

I have signed up for a speed pack 4 NBN (cause ya gotta switch) but have never got the speed I signed up for (I say signed up for because my bills don't match what I was told in my acceptance email). I rang  support and after struggling through the thick accent of the call centre person (my hearing is going downhill fairly fast and I find thick accents hard to handle) I was told my speed was fixed so I should be getting the 100mps I signed up for.. didn't happen I have speeds I would expect from 50mps. My first Internet bill was far more than I expected so I rang (and I think my problem wasn't addressed) and was told that it was wrong and I had to pay a smaller amount which I did. Next bill arrives and it is the same as the last one the difference is I have a new account number so I thought great must be an accrual thing I pay it and then try to log into my account online and only my mobile account is there and a link to my old cable bill which doesn't want to work that well in a current  browser. That link has no info on speeds etc and no way to set up direct debit. Then I get the next bill and It's for an amount I would expect to pay for the slower speed. Then the online muddle that is live chat begins I have yet to actually connect with anyone on live chat since I'm not going to suffer the speaking problems.

OK Rant and explanation over has anyone got a good time of day to connect with live chat so I can sort out this absolute mess.

Re: NBN Speed settings

Jeneral__Pain

If hearing is a difficulty for you, definitely jump on chat as an alternate solution. 

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

That said, what NBN type are you on? 

If you are only getting 50mbps, then you'd only be getting 50mbps. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Re: NBN Speed settings

WeirdOldFart

Thanks

I'm on HFC and the confirmation email said I was getting the top speed pack. I was just wanting to know what is the best time to try live chat because it's always busy and I don't want to be stuck at my pc waiting for someone to finish. I've tried afternoons, evenings and no luck. Maybe I will have to wake up at 3am to try. Again thanks for the info

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
105 Kudos
37 Kudos
29 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos