Searching...

NBN Speed often under 3Mbps 8pm -2am. Optus say bandwidth issue, promise refunds, don't

sjt

RE NBN SPEED FAILURE & CONNECTION DROP OUTS, NO BILL REFUNDS Ticket Number 19233716.

(1)First lodged complaint 21 Aug received reply (Reference: 1742-124020), told needed Ticket Number (2) This problem is ongoing. It is not resolved. Failure to provide reliable internet connection at usable speed. Barely able to internet between 8pm – 2am as internet drops out, speed often under 3Mbps. I keep detailed documentation.  I have disability. Lack of accessible internet is serious complaint (3) I wish problem fixed without having to ring again, find you still haven’t paid me the refunds you owe me and have said you will pay or I will have to make formal complaint to Ombudsman (4) I lodged formal complaint 21 August, ticket 19233716. Was told they “re-set my speed to correct speed”, matter would be referred to Case Mgt Team (5) 26 Aug Optus Melbourne rang. Told me no-one had adjusted speed & they would. Asked me to monitor 24hrs. Txt FAULT to & fro for weeks (6) 16 Sept Optus Technical rang, confirmed “utilisation of bandwidth is the problem in your area, Optus needs to increase its bandwidth. You are not getting the speed you pay for. Should not take much longer to resolve. We have escalated to Network and to Customer Service Guarantee Group. We will reduce bill by $50 and resolve” (7) Bills from 21 Aug should all have $50 reduction (8) Next bill was Oct. No reduction. None Aug, Sept, Oct (9) 17 Oct I rang to complain still not resolved & no bill reduction. Still usually cannot internet in evenings. Optus staff suggest it’s how many devices are connected. Incorrect, one person living alone, no gaming, no movie downloading. I know is Optus Bandwidth issue. I ask for new ticket number. Optus decline saying previous ticket open. They suggest refund $40. I explain $50 promised. Supervisor approves $50 (10) 12 Nov – bill arrives with no reduction (11) I sent new email complaint on 12 Nov – no reply or response yet. S Thompson, 19 November 2018

Re: NBN Speed often under 3Mbps 8pm -2am. Optus say bandwidth issue, promise refunds, don't

chloesok

Hey @sjt, thanks for reaching out to us. I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've detailed here. I can certainly appreciate your concerns and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

So that we are able to further investigate the charges and the credit for you, along with provide you with more updates on your fault ticket, please send us a PM confirming the following"

Full Name:

DOB:
Account or service number:
Are you the account holder for this service (Y/N)

In the mean time, I'll certainly go ahead and pass along your feedback to the relevant teams for review. We do take our customer feedback very seriously and we are always looking for ways to improve services for our customers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: NBN Speed often under 3Mbps 8pm -2am. Optus say bandwidth issue, promise refunds, don't

sjt

I'm not sure how to send a pm through Yes Crowd but I will try to send one to you. Thank you.

sjt

Hi Chloe from Optus,

I have sent the details you requested by pm so that you could kindly look into my matter. I still have not heard anything from Optus by email or by pm. I also have not had a response to my formal written email complaint which I lodged on Monday 19 November at 6pm and for which I am supposed to be given a Case Manager and have a reply within 2 days according to Optus Complaint Handling Policy. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards SusieT

sjt

Hi again Optus via Yes Crowd, I still have had no contact at all about my question nor about my written formal email complaint. Where is your Customer Service please? I feel like I am talking to a vacuum and there is no one at home at Optus. You are not fulfilling your Customer Service Charter about complaints at all. Hello is anyone at home???

Dan_C

@sjt, I've been able to get back to your private message.

I've listed a couple of options for you there. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

EmilyWatson

I had also face this kind of issue. Visit Optus support service websites, they could help you. One is my mind is 

http://optus.technicalhelpaustralia.com/optus-email-support/.

sjt

Thank you very much for your suggestion. A Yes Crowd Moderator has just sent an excellent response with solutions offered. I hope they will do so this time. NBN nightmare on so many fronts.

Highlighted

sjt

Optus you promise once again and do not deliver what you have promised. I have had an ongoing complaint with you. Got part way through being credited for my appalling NBN speeds via one of your staff on Yes Crowd, Dan, then nothing. You fixed the NBN speed finally after so many hours of chasing by me and Melbourne Technical finally doing what Call Centre staff promised but never did. But still you owe me for the  bill credits that were promised to me. You credited some on my Jan 2019 bill and nothing since then. Not good enough. I contacted Dan again. Nothing, no response. He is no longer one of your answer people on Yes Crowd. I have a ticket number 19233716 from August last year. I have written formal email complaint in Nov 2018 and got an auto response and then no follow up at all. Again into the Optus Customer Service void I went. I used to work for the NSW Ombudsman myself. I will make a formal complaint if you cannot fix this issue more professionally and with decent customer service. Last chance Optus before I write to the Telecommunications Ombudsman. Regards S Thompson

sjt

Optus you promise once again and do not deliver what you have promised. I have had an ongoing complaint with you. Got part way through being credited for my appalling NBN speeds via one of your staff on Yes Crowd, Dan, then nothing. You fixed the NBN speed finally after so many hours of chasing by me and Melbourne Technical finally doing what Call Centre staff promised but never did. But still you owe me for the  bill credits that were promised to me. You credited some on my Jan 2019 bill and nothing since then. Not good enough. I contacted Dan again. Nothing, no response. He is no longer one of your answer people on Yes Crowd. I have a ticket number 19233716 from August last year. I have written formal email complaint in Nov 2018 and got an auto response and then no follow up at all. Again into the Optus Customer Service void I went. I used to work for the NSW Ombudsman myself. I will make a formal complaint if you cannot fix this issue more professionally and with decent customer service. Last chance Optus before I write to the Telecommunications Ombudsman. Regards S Thompson

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
42 Kudos
32 Kudos
24 Kudos
22 Kudos