Searching...

NBN Speed Boost.

ITConsultant74

Hi All,

Hoping someone here can help me, tired of wasting hours of my life on Optus Chat and Telephone support only to end up with little to no help!

I recently signed up for NBN and like numerous other Optus customers have been a bit dissapointed with the performance. I signed up for 100/40 but I suspect the speed boost has not been enabled as I am only getting 58/19 or less (sometimes 2/0.6) most of the time but never more, cabled or wireless I don't get near to the 100/40. Also my modem is connected at roughly that speed all the time. How can I check if the speed boost is enabled? I suspect it isn't and it if it is I shouldn't be paying for 100/40 because it's obviously not achievable.

Thanks in advance.

Re: NBN Speed Boost.

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

What tech are you on? FTTN?

If you are getting over 30Mbps then speed boost is enabled.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

ITConsultant74

Thanks for the reply Peter, yes it's FTTN and I do get more than 30mbps some of the time it's inconsistent and degrades over time though. Never been near the 100/40 I am paying for though.

petergdownload

You mentioned getting 58Mbps at some points. Speed boost is definitely enabled. 

If 30Mbps is more the standard then definitely request to drop the speed boost (or make it free). Unfortunately Optus only offer 100 Mbps or 25Mbps levels. You should also ask for money back on speed boost payments to date.

If you're FTTN then ask Optus to check your line (they can do it immeadiately I believe) and tell you what speed its rated to.

Next thing to check is if its (speed drop) occuring at peak hours. 7pm tp 11pm each evening. Check at 2pm or 7am to contrast.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Pawan

I recently signed up with optus 100/40 NBN, but to my surprise I only get below 40/20 Mbps during day time and 3/20 Mbps after 5 pm. I can barely browse, forget about streaming. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos