Searching...

NBN Slowing down

Milan

So i got optus NBN late last year when it first came to my area (Kellyville Ridge). I registered for the 100/40MBps plan and am paying $140 a month for it. When i signed up the MAX speeds which i was getting were 38/8Mbps. I was shocked at how slow this was considering that im paying a LOT for my plan. Called up technical support and they told me that becasuse I am far from the exchange, this is the best speed that i can get!! Well, they dont tell you that when you sign up for the plan!

Over the past 2 months, the speed I get is during peak hours (evening/night) is just too slow to do anything. At night I get MAX 5MBPS download. Technical support informs me this is due to congestion in my area. Fine and well, why isnt optus doing anything about this?

I am not getting the service that I am paying for, if this issue isnt resolved I will be chaning over to another ISP. Anyone know how to go about to force Optus to fix this issue?

Any help appreciated.

-Milan

Re: NBN Slowing down

LesJ

You are not alone. There are many many threads here with exactly the same issue. If you can find a way to force them to fix it, please let us all know.

novalady

I am so disapointed with the NBN, so tempted to give up and just get it disconnected but i would be out of pocket to much money to cancel plan, like you, i went for a higher plan for better downloads but i am lucky to keep a connection

Steph_C

Sorry to hear about all the issues you're having with your service @Milan Smiley Sad So we can help out and investigate what's going on - are you able to PM your account info, full name and DOB? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

Steph_C

We definitely don't want to see you go @novalady, however do understand how frustrating this would be! Are you able to send through a PM with your full name, account info and DOB so we can help out? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
54 Kudos
28 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos