Searching...

NBN SUPER SLOW. DO NOT UPGRADE

Jinjin

Updating to NBN was the worst decision I've ever made. I'd never had a problem with previous ADSL and they urged me to upgrade to NBN as ADSL is going to be abolished. I was requested to sign new contract (24 months) when changing to NBN. THIS IS SCAM as IT IS NOT COMPULSORY TO SIGN NEW CONTRACT. NBN connection speed is way too SLOW, even more than slow. I'd never got than 3mbps on wifi. Tech support got  me on phone back and forth yet it didnt get anywhere. As I had no choice and needed internet for work, they eventually convinced me to upgrade the speed to 25mbps plan which I have to pay $80 a month. THEY AGAIN REQUESTED ME TO SIGN NEW CONTRACT TO UPGRADE. I told them either they'd upgrade or I'd cancel the service. And I got it upgraded.

This is my current speed. And it loses internet connection is every couple of minutes.  THIS IS TOTALLY RIPPED OFF.

I've been talking to Tech Support here and there for hours, and they got it from 10mbps to 12mbps.

Now I have to consider to terminate the contract that's gonna cost me a few hundred bucks that I'll have to pay for the service I didnt received.

If anyone is considering to upgrade to NBN, please find other service providers. OPTUS IS ONLY TRYING TO GET YOUR MONEY, THEY CAN PROMISE YOU EVERYTHING TO GET YOU SIGN IN  AND WILL LEAVE YOU ON YOUR OWN WITH YOUR TROUBLE AFTER THAT.

Or do not even think about changing to NBN.

Re: NBN SUPER SLOW. DO NOT UPGRADE

petergdownload

Hi Jin

You do have some options. First up you mention wifi as a measure. Wifi is an internal network. First confirm what your speeds are on a wired setup.

No its not compulsory to sign a new contract when moving to the NBN. In fact  one of the great things about the NBN is you can sign up with any ISP. Optus (and other Telcos) are a little coy about explaining all your options though. Your second upgrade, from the "telephone only worthy" $60 plan ?? to the $80 plan does require changing contracts.

The good news is that if Optus can't supply the advertised speeds then they will end the contract on request.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Jinjin

Hi Peter,

I'm sure that I have asked them at least 3 times on the phone call to arrange NBN set up, they constantly told me that I HAVE TO SIGH UP A NEW 24 MONTHS CONTRACT in order to switch to NBN. (sure if they play back the phone conservation )

After that the internet is too slow compare with the ADSL I had before, that why I called them to upgrade to $80 plan & I told me the same thing : "I HAVE TO SIGH UP A NEW 24 MONTHS CONTRACT" but this time I have learnt my lesson & argued with them - the result is they upgrade my plan to $80/month without signing any new contract .....

I have a same set up at home - all computer connected by wifi but it is too slow & constantly drop out, I have to wait 15 mins just to get into this forum when nobody at home (only me using internet)

11111.JPG

petergdownload

Hi JinJin,

Good to see you've sorted the month to month contract.

Your wifi setup does confuse the issue though. IMO you should get a wired connection on one device and disconnect all wifi and see what speeds you get then.

Regards

Peter Gillespie 

Highlighted

OMS2111

Optus have huge speed (bandwidth) problems because they are signing up too many cusomers without increasing their bandwidth!

I have the same problem.

I am moving to a new telco at the end of the month!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
105 Kudos
37 Kudos
29 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos