Searching...
Highlighted

NBN Relocation (second strike)

M_O

So last week I posted the following and bugger me exactly the same scenario played out again. No technician showed up, again my wife sitting at home waiting, I call Optus and hey presto! We're sorry sir no technician was booked to attend your address today. Are you kidding me Optus? You cannot even schedule an appointment? Plenty of other providers out there if you cannot get it together.

Relocation of NBN Tuesday

So i arranged last week to have my internet account moved to a new address (good old broadband) and was told by the optus rep on the phone that NBN was available in my area and would i like it. Of course I said yes and they said no worries we will send you the info and relocate your account. I received an email to say it was active and went to plug in my trusty modem with no success, having not used NBN before I was unaware that additional hardware was required so i called Optus back after attempting to follow their instructions and realising the futility when i did not have an NBN connection box etc. so they 'cancelled' one order and issued another then asked what a good day would be for a technician to come out, the earliest time available was Monday between 8 and 12 noon so i said yes lets do it then. My wife took the day off work and waited and waited, no one showed. I called Optus and not only was there no technician coming, nothing had been actioned at all, no hardware sent, no appointments made, nothing.

After much bitching on the phone at someone who probably didn't deserve it I am now told that an order has been actioned and an appointment made for Monday morning (next monday) and that any required hardware will arrive on Friday! I am very frustrated, expecially after I have told anyone who will listen for years that Optus is the company to go with, apparently its only that way if you do not try to change anything or want anything actioned.

What do i do in this situation? I just have to wait til Monday I guess and hope this time that someone actually shows.

Re: NBN Relocation (second strike)

petergdownload

Presumably the public holiday? Wouldn't surprise me if the booking process didn't account for holidays and so all appointments for that day just got cancelled at some point. But I'm at a loss how an Optus sales consultant who has essentially one task to complete (place a booking with the NBN) doesn't get that done. 

Apparently Optus have started a new 'concierge' NBN process, have you had any indication of that? At this stage your options would be to try a third time or try a different RSP (the good news is there are many, and many have month to month options).

Peter Gillespie

M_O

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response, I am located in WA so no public holiday Monday here. The true issue for me is that on two occassions the technician I require to get my service (that I am still paying for) has not even been booked by Optus. I am also at a loss as to how this happens.

I would love to jump ship and go with a different provider however all our plans (mobiles etc) are currently bundled with Optus and the contract has a while to run so I am stuck with them. I will however look into the new NBN service you mentioned.

Regards,

Mark

Jeneral__Pain

I'm at a loss how people seem to think it's Optus sales who book the appointment? Optus sales simply process the order, it's NBNCo who come back with an appointment date and they're notoriously bad at keeping anything even on their own calendar. Once sales process the order, it goes into the Activations Queue to be processed and monitored. It is actually activations or post-sales-support who follow up on this, and sadly, they're not much better at keeping up with the workload either.

Also, creating multiple threads for the same thing makes it more difficult for others searching for answers.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

I can't speak for the information chain but obviously the Sales staff must initiate the booking process. If its actually a backend person who retypes in the request to NBN then they're the ones with the one single task to do (metaphorically speaking). Regardless, somehow a booking has been 'made' by Optus and communicated to the customer. Possibly NBN stuffed up, but that doesn't explain how Optus suddenly has no record of a booking being made.

As Optus are financially compensated now if the NBN doesn't turn up to an appointment (unfortunately the customer isn't) I'd have thought Optus would be keeping a pretty close eye on what appointments the NBN has comitted to and what are not kept.

Hopefully this concierge service will address this failure of communication where ever it falls in the service chain. 

Peter Gillespie

M_O

Thanks for your response, I believe you have missed my point. As a customer and user of a service I do not care who books an appointment I only know what I am told which (if you read above) is that two appointments were made for set times and then no one showed up. On further examination these appointments were not made at all, I think that would mean that the order was not processed? If I was invoiced by NBN I would be complaining to them however it is Optus that is the provider and the only avenue I have to get my service restored.

I can also address the initial question in your reply, people think this because when you speak to a representative they tell you that they have booked a technician for that time slot and to make sure that you are home to meet the person who will be attending your address. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos