Searching...

NBN Refund offer

Sithlord

Re: http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer?requestType=NormalRequest&typeid=6&id=9374

"Since 1 September 2015, Optus has promoted and offered NBN internet plans using NBN’s fibre to the node (FTTN) and fibre to the building (FTTB) technology to consumers, with the choice to select from a range of internet speeds."

In 2016 I had a FTTN 25Mbps connection with Optus, and the speeds started out ok then dropped permanently to less than 12Mbps. I complained frequently but nothing was done to remiedy the problem. I was then forced to leave Optus NBN due to this issue and was forced to pay out a contract cancellation fee.

I have had no contact from Optus about a refund, and I think Im owed one considering Optus could not supply me with promised speeds then forced me to pay out a fee to cancel a service they couldn't supply.

Can anyone inform me what options I have? I tried calling Optus today but the represenitive hung up before speaking to me for some reason.

iPhone X 256Gb, iPad Pro 12.9 64GB, iMac 27inch 5K 3.2Ghz 32GB, QNAP NAS, Apple Watch S3 LTE, ASUS RT-AC87U WRT-Merlin + other devices.
Highlighted

Re: NBN Refund offer

Yeldarb

I would be calling that 1300 170 576 number again until you finally get through. If you try contacting Optus via other numbers or methods they may not be aware of this offer.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos