cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Red light flashing and clicking sound

We have a big storm last night and now my NBN has the link signal red and flashing making a clicking sound. How do i order an NBN technician to fix this issue as i assume it isn't an optus issue?

I have turned off the power mulitple times and let it reboot but that doesn't do anything.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: NBN Red light flashing and clicking sound

Hi @SusieTaaffe

Have you had a chance to check our Network Status page for any faults or outages in the area that may be impacting your service? 

If there is an outage, this would mean that our technicians are aware of a fault and are working to restore the services in the area. You can register to receive updates and be notified when the outage is resolved on our Network Status page as well. 

Otherwise, if there are no reported faults or outages and you have already tried the relevant troubleshooting steps, we recommend messaging our Technical Support teams via the My Optus app for further assistance.

If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN Red light flashing and clicking sound

I had the same thing after the storm.  The lightening killed the NBN box.   The Router went to the 4G back up which works OK but is slow (12/1) .  A technician visit and new NBN box and we are back to 50/20 speed. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors