cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor MKYD
New Contributor

NBN Problem SOLVED

I solved my NBN problem (see previous post by me - MKYD).  I submitted a 2 page letter to the Telecommunications Ombudsman with the required complaint form and wrote to my local Federal MP.  I explained about my life-threatening disabilities and that I am house bound with my phone and internet the main interaction with the outside world.  I told them I had monitored my outages for 5 days and on one day alone the service dropped out 15 times and the phone was out for 4 hours.  Both dealt with it immediately.  In 2 days another NBN technician came out, this one had 35 years experience and spent 2 1/2 hours re-wiring 3 different boxes (my house was fine).  Haven't had a problem since and speeds seem to be fine.  The Optus/Government liasion person phoned me (an Australian even!) about an hour after the NBN man signed off and confirmed that things were now working! I wish I'd done it a month ago!!!

Tags (3)
1 Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: NBN Problem SOLVED

Sounds like a great outcome. Hopefully smooth sailing from here on out.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors