Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

NBN Phone light off -no dial tone, SIP disable

[ Edited ]
shorty221

I have been on Optus NBN+Phone line for a while and it worked no problem. Suddenly 3 weeks ago my phone line went dead, no dial tone, nothing. The phone line light on the Sagemcom modem is no longer on. But the NBN/internet connection is still working.

I checked my modem home page/gateway and it shows

PHONE STATUS SIP :

PHONE1: Disable.

PHONE2: Disable.

I have called Optus 2 times and each time they ask me to unplug/plug/reset modem and phone line. This does not solve anything. They give me a ticket number and promise to escalate but I dont hear back. The online chat is also a waste of time, all they know is to unplug modem, unplug phone line and replug everything.

It is a problem on Optus's end, and it is very frustrating and dangerous that I dont have a working phone line as I have equipment connected to the phone line.

How do i get through to Optus? I've been told by a friend it is an Optus issue and to a setting on their end. Im not even sure why Optus has decided to change my settings and cut off my phone line. And worst is that Im still being billed and have to pay for the phone service when it isnt even working.

I just want my phone line back please.

Re: NBN Phone light off -no dial tone, SIP disable

SamSam

I would lodge a complaint at this point given you've tried contacting them twice - https://offer.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Mark-1

feel for you - been 7 weeks since switching over Optus ADSL and home phone to NBN on12 Feb - still trying to get home phone operable despite several chat line interfaces, complaints etc - still waiting - basically modem says voice ports disabled since changeover and obviously no phone, NOR no progress at their end - I'm now entering the online complaint form phase every 2 days, in the hope that someone takes notice and action! Good Luck!!

Ray_YC

Hi @shorty221, what's your ticket number? We'll check it out to see if there are any updates.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

shorty221

Sure the case no. which was SMS to me is 20849811. Thanks

Ray_YC

Thanks for that. To be honest it's a tricky one to interpret because it's full of internal technical jargon. It does say a call back is scheduled. If this hasn't happened by the end of tomorrow, please let us know here so we can chase them up. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

shorty221

Hi Ray thanks for trying to assist. I havent heard from anyone yet, can you please follow up for me?

Ray_YC

Hi there, I've just checked the ticket again and it says you got a call from Barney about 20mins after you posted that message. Is that correct?

shorty221

Thanks for following up. That is incorrect, 20mins after posting I got through via online chat. And the consultant Barney let me know that it was still with the tech team and that I would get a call from a case manager with an update. Basically Ive been promised a call by both the online chat staff and phone support staff but Ive not got one.

I need to know my home phone is being fixed otherwise I need to change providers as I need the home phone to have vital devices connected for health reasons. 

Solution

shorty221

Just an update: My home line started working again and within 10mins of it working I got a call from Optus. Optus were very apologetic and extended out a gesture of goodwill out of their own intiative which was nice. Glad this has beenr resolved. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
112 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos