Searching...

NBN Phone and Internet keeps disconnecting randomly throughout the day

JVenetsanakos

Hi All,

For the past 7-14 days we've been having issue with our NBN Phone and Internet dropping out randomly several times during the day (up to several times an hour at the worst case). I've followed the troubleshooting instructions listed on the support page and I've tried just waiting it out but theres been no change.

So I'm now going to be trying this forum for support in the hopes that something gets started in the direction of a solution for us. Not having access to the internet is one thing, but I live with a retiree in poor health and like anyone cannot be home all the time so the phone is a pretty critical part of the household.

We live in Moonah, Tasmania and apparently there are no outages or problems in our area. We are using the Sagecom F@ST3864V2 router supplied by Optus and have had no issues prior to this with regards to our connection. There have been no household changes before or during the time the issue started.

Our connection is the NBN Big Bundle 100/40 so data isn't an issue nor is speed usually with an average between 70-90/35 being pretty consistent over the past year.

Re: NBN Phone and Internet keeps disconnecting randomly throughout the day

GJC

Sounds like the issue I was having, here's the details and apparent solution to my saga:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Is-this-another-Sagemcom-F-ST-3864OP-issue/m-p/199403#M4664/jum...

JVenetsanakos

I called Optus support on Monday and was told to reset the router and wait 24 hours and see if anything happens.

Tuesday afternoon the Optus L1 tech called back and indicated that the connection was still unstable (surprise surprise) and that they will be passing the issue up to the L2 team who she said would call within 24-48 hours.

It's now Friday, the issue is still occuring, buying a replacement router isn't viable (the existing one is still less than 1yo) (wouldn't know where to start looking for a replacement) and I've not heard so much as a whisper from the Optus team since Tuesday.

I'd laugh at their incompetence if they tried to call the landline because I've already strongly stated that the landline is unusuable due to the drop outs, which is why I used my mobile.

GJC

Good luck Smiley Happy

The Sagemcom F@ST 3864OP routers appear to be faulty (hardware or firmware, not sure). I had this confirmed by one of the Optus techs.

The Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC replacement that I had to purchase from Optus appears to have fixed my connection issues.

Jax_K

Hey @JVenetsanakos, do you have a fault reference number so we can chase up your fault? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Highlighted

JVenetsanakos

Hi,

I wish I had a fault reference number on hand but the tech didn't give it to me when she called on Tuesday. I'll send a private message with account identfying information so you can look it up on your systems.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
90 Kudos
54 Kudos
28 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos