cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor tlubo1
Occasional Contributor

NBN Outages

Unsure where to go now. In SE Qld.......Signed up with Optus NBN 4 weeks ago after being on Wireless broadband for many years. After 2 weeks, it started dropping out every 15 min to 1/2 hour. Call support, do all the usual troubleshooting. They worked out it was on the NBN side. Standby for NBN tech to come out.....4 days later he arrives and finds a connection problem at the node. All fixed up. Service restored....for a day. Dropped off completely. Call support.....escalated to next level. 48 hours later still no service, call support....escalated....Now I have reached 5 days without service or phone.....and I have just recieved my first bill.

Anyone had this problem, and suggestions on what I do next as I am over it. I have been an Optus customer for over 10 years but seriously reconsidering this.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: NBN Outages

Have you got a fault reference number? I can see the notes and let you know what's going on

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Ref # 15766366. Update to yesterday. Received a call from a lovely lady from Optus looking into my case and asked if I had received a new modem yet. Apparently someone forgot to tell me about it....or send it. I will now be without NBN until the new one arrives which could be another 5 business days. Even then no guarantee that it will fix it.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

So it's the NBN Co that have advised it's your modem, hopefully swapping that over with the new one will fix it up. Let us know how you go

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Toomey. It was only 4 weeks old. Is this a common problem ,  or just my luck? 😊

Will update when successful.

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @tlubo1 not common but like any electronic device, they can develop faults. Do let us know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Final update to this issue. Recieved a new modem and connected. All good now. It appears that this was drawn out due to lack of communication between  operators, level 2 and myself. Modem would have been sent almost a week earlier if this had happened.

Anyway, all is fixed now. Thanks to all who worked on getting it resolved.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Hey tlubo1 - thanks for touching base and let us know. Very sorry for the experience you had though. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Bill_Shanahan
Occasional Contributor

I have Optus NBN through fixed wireless. Currently there is no NBN connection, though according to the Optus website there are no outages in my area. However, the Telstra NBN web site shows that there is a outage in this area due to scheduled maintenance. In fact, Telstra NBN customers were notified of the outage by email in advance.  Why is Optus unaware of what's happening with the NBN service?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Bill_Shanahan, it sounds like the incidents might be related, although to be sure, I'd really need to grab your postcode.

What's the postcode for this one? I'm happy to run a couple of checks. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos