Searching...

Re: NBN Outages

Bill_Shanahan

There is only one incident, since everyone at Lake Conjola, where I live, is served by a single NBN wireless tower. The post code is 2539, but note that there are are other communities within that post code served by other towers. I am referring only to Lake Conjola.

According to the Optus NBN website there was no outage at Lake Conjola, while according to the Telstra NBN website, there was a planned outage for maintenance, and Telstra customers were notified in advance by email. Optus is either not "in the loop" for such maintenance activites or else it fails to communicate that info to Optus customers. I'd like to know which is the case.

Dan_C

Okay, I've checked NBN's service and operational portal.

I've found incident - INC000008225005

Now this incident was closed as no fault found.

"The customer service is currently being affected by a planned change. CRQ000001887420 will be open until 9PM on the 29th May."

It looks like NBN are performing maintenance/upgrades to the service in your area. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Bill_Shanahan

I already had this information from the Telstra NBN web site. You still didn't answer my question: why was this information not available on the Optus NBN website? Doesn't seem like I'm going to get an answer...

My personal solution is to get a Telstra customer to forward me any advance outage notifications emails they receive, and if  I need any further info I'll get it from Telstra. Not very good, Optus!

Dan_C

The information I sourced was directly from NBNco. 

I attempted to search the suburb and I only received one single report from one Optus Customer. That was incident - INC000008225005

As to why the information wasn't readily available, I don't have a good answer for you.

We'll usually broadcast outages based on the number reports we've received from customers in a particular area. If there's a widespread outage, it's the responsibility of our front-line agents to check to see whether the same issue is impacting other customers in the same CSA. This information is sent through to our Network interface management team, who'll update our Network status page. 

Planned changes are a bit a different. I do agree that we should be pre-warning customers before a potential planned outage and this is something that I'll feedback to Networks. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Bill_Shanahan

So I still don't have an answer to my original question: does NBN fail to inform Optus of planned maintance outages, or does Optus receive this information but fail to pass it on? 

Toomey

Every incident would be handled case by case. In this instance as Dan has mentioned, we have got the information directly from NBN Co. I can only apologise if this information was not available via our online outage page.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
73 Kudos
31 Kudos
29 Kudos
27 Kudos
21 Kudos