Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor FRMRS
Occasional Contributor

NBN Outage issues in the night

Hi

I am not at all happy with optus service in the night. The servses are very slow and i cant watch any videos nor netflix can be seen. I am nowadays sick and tired of their trouble shoots as well. It works in the beginning well and by the end of day the connection is damn slow. Appreciate a clarrification or else i would request optus to cancel my account and refund my money without and charges.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Moderator Tris

Re: NBN Outage issues in the night

Hi @FRMRS, would be hard to say what the root cause is without your details. Have you chatted with our Tech Support team for a hand? It could relate to a fault or network capacity, it should be apparent with some investigation though. So sorry for the experience 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tris

I did call your call centre and they dd the basic checks and they said all good. For a few minutes it waa fine but later it is back to the same stage.

What details do you require to assess??

I did try online chat but no one reaponded for 5 minutes and i closed the window....

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Send a PM with your full name, account number and DOB. I can help with initial checks, I may need to refer you onto Tech Support though

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

How can i PM mate?

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Sorry! I should have confirmed that. You can either click on my username and select the message option or use this link 🙂

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Message sent as mentioned

0 Kudos
New Contributor Dwclee
New Contributor

I had a similar issue but it happens quit regularly. I'm still having issues today. Both my NBN and Optus modems dropouts sometimes it doesnt fix itself for days. The NBN is the worst service I've ever had I never had any issue on Cable Internet. Probably looking at cancelling and looking for another provider.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Agreed with it.

Optus has not yet come back with a solution to it...thats very sad. We are just paying for no outcome

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for sending your details through. 

I've gone into the account and I've performed the following checks:

Hardware diagnostics: All results are coming back within specification. We're unable to detect an issue with the physical line.

Network capacity: We're sitting out a bandwidth utilization rate of 86%. This is going to have a negative impact during peak hours of use.

Speed package: We've got you on the basic speed pack. We'd expect typical peak time speeds to be in the range of 9-11Mbps. 

We can always try a speed pack upgrade? I'm happy to apply a $0.00 version of speed pack 2 (typical peak time speeds of 20-22Mbps).

If you'd like to give that a shot, let us know and we'll organise that for you.  

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos