Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AngusWilkinson
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN Outage 4051

Hi, I do not have any internet in my house for the last 2 days. Recently switched from cable broadband to NBN FTTN and the connection dropped out yesterday morning. I’ve turned the modem off and on 3-4 times a day. Optus messaging system in down and when I call Optus they just tell me to give it a couple more hours. Can anyone help? I need the internet to work from home.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: NBN Outage 4051

@AngusWilkinson 
Optus have a fault listed in the area 

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

You can also check the NBN outage page

https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status

If it is an NBN fault Optus have to wait for the NBN repair team to repair the fault.

You may have to hotspot from your phone for work.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
AngusWilkinson
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the websites. Unfortunately I checked both and neither are reporting a fault for my address. Any other suggestions?
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@AngusWilkinson wrote:
Unfortunately I checked both and neither are reporting a fault for my address. 

Actually the Optus one is reporting an outage. You need to click the Fixed Outages box to check for NBN outages.

AngusWilkinson
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Outages has gone on for five days now and still no help from Optus
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

What suburb? (Several share that postcode). It's no longer appearing as an outage on the Optus service status page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
AngusWilkinson
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Grange 4051. Still no Fixed NBN here.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay thanks it's unclear why, I'm afraid you'll need to contact Optus. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
AngusWilkinson
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So the internet has just dropped out again. Fifth day running. I’ve just tried calling Optus, pushes the buttons to get through to technical support and I’m told the wait times are more than an hour so they can not help me today.
I’d use the My Optus app but when I try to it just spins and never opens.
With no internet and no help, but they keep taking my money. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get Optus to talk to you?
0 Kudos