Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MartinP
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN NTD / modem check

Hi. What LEDs should be lit on the rear of the nbn decoder (NTD) where the cat5e connects? I have only 1 green LED. (I am not referring to the 4 lights on the front of the NTD). On my optus router I have 1 green and one orange LED. That indicates to me that only 1 twisted pair from the nbn box is working. At the moment up/down speed is normal. 

Anyone know whether this assumption is correct and whether there should be two LEDS. I'm trying to work out if it's a router or nbn box issue. thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RastaHTC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: NBN NTD / modem check

Hi mate.  The Green and Orange lights on your router refer to speed of data (10/100 or 10/100/1000).  As for NBN box, it would be the same.  This link might help.   https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/NBN_FTTP_Connection_Box_Status_Lights 

0 Kudos
MartinP
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN NTD / modem check

Hi, thanks for that. Finally got this reply working as it took me in a loop trying to respond earlier. Yes, I get the speed indicators but would expect two leds to be lit on the nbn dtd box that feeds to the router. all new cat6 cables, 2 lit leds on the router but one only on the nbn ntd. Speed is still there but just my like to have things working as they should.

0 Kudos