Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Ianv123
New Contributor

NBN Modem connected but no internet

On 7th July, I reported I cannot connect to the internet, i contacted your tech team online and tried everything, restart, reset, shut down 30 sec and turn on etc,. After then, technician was booking on 10th July, he came and left words he cannot resolve the problem and other team will come over check the area. I contact you tech team again and again, they asked wait 24 hrs and another 24 hrs. NOW 17 July, the problem has been fixed. My friend already warned me do not choose OPTUS. I am so regrate i did not follow his advice. I hope anyone who see the post PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE walk away from OPTUS. You have no time waste on the them. The reference number is 18944259 & 18955850 in case someone does not belive.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: NBN Modem connected but no internet

Sorry to hear you've been having on-going issues for so long. As I check fault reference 18955850, I can see an incident was raised with NBN for investigation (ref INC000008711148). Notes from 17:48 on 17/07 advise our Case Management team tried to contact you on the mobile number provided but there was no answer. 

The case is now currently pending follow up. If you have an alternate contact number you would like me to provide to the team handling your case, please feel free to send me a private message with the number and I can pass it on.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Ianv123
New Contributor

Excuse me??? Are you here trying to blame me no answering your call? Let me list down the call history for you.

First call from OPTUS 02 8049 6150, 9 July 2018, 2.37pm, 6.35pm, missed call (I was driving); 12 July 10.10am, OPTUS technician 0435354635 (could not fix the problem, ask me waite 2-3 days); 13 July, 02 8049 6150, 7.47pm, missed call (left message say will call on Monday). You guys only call once. No calls on Tuesday. After so many calls you are tell me you have got my correct number? 

Spoiler

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Ianv123
New Contributor

• Update 20/7/2018, 21:23. Still no internet. On wednesday Online Tech support called "Lily" booked a technician for me on Friday 8-12am. They did not show up, even no phone call to me explain why they did not show up. TODAY, after working, I connected to the online support again, they asked me do the routine troubleshooting again which is resetting, change different cable and resetting, change another computer and resetting. After all resetting, online support guy tell me he will arrange case manager to call me on MONDAY. I already use up all my mobile data and the 14G dongle. I am in peace now. no more angry.  14 DAYS OPTUS HAS NOT FIXED UP THE NBN connect. I am so happy I have Telstra pocket wifi now. I will keep updating this post until OPTUS fixs my internet, which maybe in 30 days. case number 18955850.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Ianv123
New Contributor

The internet problem solved, others may follow the step:

1) ring optus or contact optus online to cancel contract (Day 1)

2) ring TPG to connect internet (Day 1)

3) wait for TPG to activate you account (Day 2)

4) account activated and get internet connected (Day 3).

TPG help me solve the internet problem within 3 days, and OPTUS spent 14 days asking me to reset modem and NBN box. Looks so stupid.

New Contributor Karun
New Contributor

Even i am disconnecting Optus soon. It took them 20 days to process my relocation request and that too in the same area. Today i got the connection activated after more than 20 days but the internet is not working.  I called up customer care and the agent told me to troubleshoot for 45 mins. He even asked me to take my laptop out of house and connect to the NBN box directly. It sucks. Then he said the modem needs to be replaced which will take another 10 days. Can you believe in this era Optus has made it an rocket science and this is not all they have even billed me for the days my service was inactive. I will deactivated the auto debit first.  Is there anyone listening? Account number [MODERATION]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @Karun, sorry for the runaround and ongoing service issues. I've just removed your account details from your post, given this is a public forum it's best not to post those details in a discussion. If you'd like I can take a look at your service and account to see what's happening and investigate this further for you, I'd just need you to send through a private message with the following details:

Full name

Account/phone number

DOB

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos