Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

NBN Modem being all knight rider on me...

Hello, whats it mean when the lights on the Sagecom NBN modem flash from one side to the other in the same manner of Knight Rider's KITT red scanner on the front of the car? 
My internet is fine but its weird to see the modem do this and I have not seen it before. 
Can someone or a mod tell me whats goin on? Should I be worried? Thanks 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: NBN Modem being all knight rider on me...

Well a hard reset also reset the lights back to normal. 

But seeing it gave me an idea, Optus could flash the lights of the modem like that to indicate a upcoming firmware update. That would make alot of sense and would be a cool thing to do, as many of us are always doing something important when it happens and the modem reboots without notice. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Kartika

Re: NBN Modem being all knight rider on me...

Hi @Anarkii, really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It is strange as we have not heard of this before. I am sending you this → link with all the modem user guides if it helps. In saying that we are glad to hear that you were able to sort this out. Thanks for your suggestion in regards to the firmware upgrade indication as I have forwarded to our Tech Support team already. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos