Searching...
Highlighted

NBN Migration debacle

NWM
I have been attempting to change over to the NBN. I have made three attempts. The first attempt was made on 29th Mar by phone. The sales rep promised me NBN90 plan, no contract and no activation fee. An order  was eventually generated 11 days later on 10th Apr.  The order had an activation fee, a 24month contract and a new home phone number (I wish to keep my current number). On 10th Apr I attempted to correct these mistakes on online chat.  The rep cancelled my previous order and submitted a new order.  The second order, subsequently came through 6 days later on the 16th Apr. Unfortunately this order still contained a 24 month contract and the service installation address was incorrect .  The rep advised me that this order would be cancelled and a new one would have to be made.  I was advised that I would contacted within 48 hrs.  It is now a 2 weeks later, I have been on Optus chat and the phone for  hours trying to chase it up.  I have been transferred multiple times but it seems that nobody can do anything. I made a complaint through webform last west and no response received. I emailed a complaint 2 days ago and no response received.  I would like to change over to the NBN from Optus ADSL. I would like to be on the NBN90 plan. I do not want a 24 months contract. I do not want an activation fee. I would like to keep my home phone number. I will be making a complaint to the TIO as next action.

Re: NBN Migration debacle

Jeneral__Pain

You realise that last week had not one (1) but three (3) public holidays in it. Plus the week before had public holidays in it as well, so this has blown out response times a little bit as they play catch up. A complaint does not automagically push your concern to the top of the queue, it will be picked up in the order it's received by the Customer Relations Group.

I've never heard of someone getting "Free Activation with no contract", you either get it with a contract or you pay the fee. You can't have it both ways. As for NBN100 (not NBN90 - that's simply the "Speed average"), it depends on what NBN technology you will be on, as some providers Optus included, do not offer 100/40 straight away on some NBN Technologies until they can verify the last mile to your premise can even support the speed you desire. (This is ever since people logged complaints that the speed they got was not as they demanded, and if you look at my comments below about the TIO, some people referred complaints on because they don't understand its " UP TO " not a "PROMISE OF ALWAYS WILL BE"). 

Please note, if you choose to escalate it to the TIO, they are suffering even further extensive delays due to people dumping petty and silly complaints on them instead of following up with the provider in question. So you should be aware there is at least a 14-day delay with the TIO to assess and refer your complaint. It also means some reps won't touch the account in fear of being dragged into the complaint when they try to help you.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

[ Edited ]
NWM

Yes I do realise the number of PH in the last period. But I have not even received acknowledgement of the complaints.

When you have been a long term customer and have multiple services with Optus I was offered no contract and no activation fee.

NBN90 plan is not a speed. Its $90/month.

Noted about the TIO.

Ray_YC

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

NWM

I have done all these things. Called mutliple times. Chatted multiple times. Sent FB message. Have submitted complaints twice with precisley no response.  

Nobody seems to be able to help. Will call one more time tommorrow and if not I guess its the TIO.

Ray_YC

The Facebook team were unable to help or didn't respond (if you, when did you send the message?)

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
CaptainC

It seems I'm not the only one in the same mess. After disconnection threats if I did not switch to NBN from Cable which I ignored I finally was given a disconnection date of 27/5/19. After waiting 40 odd mins to get thru on the phone I placed my order and selected an NBN Plan on the 1/4/19. No Contact or SMS since then until I ring again on 16/4 and get told NBN Tech coming tomorrow 17/4. No SMS or other contact received telling me this. NBN Tech installs NBN device and says where is your modem as I will need a new one. This was never sent out with the NBN device so ring again 17/4 and they said they would arrange for one to be sent out. Allowing for public holidays I should have received it by now. Using chat and phone multiple times it appears warehouse failed to send it. After 6th contact today at 4.30pm it has still not been despatched by warehouse after my last contact on 6/5. I did lodge complaint via web forms previously but no response and appears it was not received so found the OZ phone number for the media team and rang them. They said send us an email which I did and they forwarded that onto their Complaints Dept in Oz who rang me back same day. Explained my situation and their lack of customer service and was assurred it had been ordered and will be delivered in 3 days. So I ring today (30min wait) to get Tracking Number for delivery and get told it has still not been despatched from warehouse. Operator assures me it will be despatched tomorrow 9/5 and I will get it on Friday 10/5. I won't hold my breath on that. They can't even get a simple delivery right. This is what happens when you base all your customer service operators overseas who just press buttons on a computer. NBN tech was great and did his work in about 20-30mins no problems with them. This whole NBN switch over is a nightmare and has cost me more money as well seeing I had to go direct to Foxtel to keep my cable TV and pay Optus more for my internet which was sufficient for me on their cable.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos