Searching...
Highlighted

NBN Internet Dropouts

FMB

Hi Everyone

My internet has been constantly dropping out since being connecto to the NBN in July 2019.

I have rang so many times with no action. I now have a case manager, they reckon its on the NBN side.

I have read that replacing the modem may solve the problem, is this correct?

I have a landline phone (VOIP) with my account, what modem should I get?

Cheers

FB

Re: NBN Internet Dropouts

petergdownload

Optus might reckon its on the "NBN side" but that's kind of irrelevant. Your contract is with Optus and its Optus responsibility to provide the service they have contracted to. Optus is a customer of the NBN (and should complain to the NBN if they see the need) you are a customer of Optus.

You cannot use any other modem but the one Optus supplies if you want a landline (Optus do not allow any other device to get the VOIP codes) 

At this stage I would be asking Optus to get NBNCo in to investigate (that's their job). If you can't get any satisfaction then ask Optus to end any contract. There are plenty of other RSPs that can work on your behalf.

Are you on FTTN, HFC, FTTC?

Peter Gillespie

FMB

HFC

petergdownload

NBN HFC can have drop out issues. Usually fixable. Optus records all dropouts on your line. Suggest you request Optus organise NBN co to look into it.

Peter Gillespie

FMB

Thats what they have said is going to happen, I am getting an update tomorrow. My question to them today was why has it taken so long to get this looked at?

Ray_YC

Hi FMB,

Just touching base to see how you went with the update?

If there is still an issue, feel free to send me a PM with the details along with who the Case Manager is and I'll be happy to follow up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
102 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos