cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Installation

I have connected my white NBN box and the three required lights are on but when I attach my new Optus nbn connector box the WAN and wifi lights are on but the internet light is red.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: NBN Installation

That's not quite right, @Emjstuart91!

There could be a few reasons that this is happening, here's a couple of things to check:

- If the Power and Optical lights on your NBN equipment are both solid green, the box is working correctly and you can go to the next step. 

- Check that the cable connecting your modem to the wall socket/NBN equipment is securely plugged in at each end and in the correct UNI-D port on the NBN box. 

- Switch your modem off for 30 seconds, then back on.

- Connect your modem to a laptop through an ethernet/LAN cable to check for any WiFi specific issues.

If these don't help, you can also try restarting your NBN unit like you did the modem. 

Fingers crossed it gets you back online!

If you're not able to resolve it with these steps, I'd recommend touching base with our team via Messenger or our Facebook and Twitter pages. 

Please note, our teams are experiencing some delays currently but we'll get back to you ASAP. It's best to let them know you have no working internet connection so the issue can be prioritised. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Once I connect to a laptop, how would I check if there are any issues? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Everything seems to be working on my modem. Apparently it needs to be authorised? Is that right? Could that be the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for running those checks for us 🙂 

I'm not too sure what you mean by authorised, is it asking for a password? 

I'd really suggest getting in touch with our Messenger or Social Media teams as I mentioned above, so we can get to the bottom of it for you ASAP! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

When I plug the Ethernet cable in and find all the info it tells me my internet is not connected (shocking).
Can you send me the link to contact Optus via message or other socials? My Optus app won’t let me login either.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

• No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 
  • No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls) 

If you mention that you were sent through by DavidYC they'll be able to help you out. Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. 

Alternatively, you can Message us via the My Optus app. You’ll just need to ensure that you select the relevant prompts:

Our main priority right now is to ensure that all of our customers have a working Mobile and Broadband service. 

0 Kudos