Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor LRG
New Contributor

NBN Installation Complaint

Ordered NBN twice. Both times the Civil works technician cancelled the job saying the incorrect address has been used on the order?  Optus have sold us a service that they cannot provide?  I lodge a complaint with Optus and receive an email from Optus advising that they are unable to assist?  Is there anyone at Optus that can help?  We just want our NBN line installed and connected?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: NBN Installation Complaint

yea I think they LITERALY cannot do anything ! they book the NBN tech to come out to install  and they miss the appointment then Optus gets the blame for NBN's incompetence lol. I read an article last week saying ACCC trying to put something on NBN to pay for each day they miss their appointments because its not only with Optus this issue is occurring with , its also every other provider. a lot of complaints been put throught to nbn for missed appointments

0 Kudos
New Contributor LRG
New Contributor

Both Civil Works Technicians did not want to install the NBN line in the first place.  They were both looking for excuses to not complete the job (but that's another issue).  Our address shows on the NBNco website as having NBN available.  However the Civil Works Technicians are being pedantic and saying that the address should be 1/10 (streetname) and not just 10 (streetname).  Optus needs to register 1/10 on the NBNco website, but no-one at Optus will help me with this.  I spoke to Telstra just to get their take on this.  Telstra advise that there is no reason why we can't use the 10(streetname) NBN line as we are legally 10 (streetname).  I am on the phone/livechat/messaging Optus daily - I have spoken to everyone in every department/state/country.  Why can and is no-one at Optus trying to help?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I know someone with a similiar issue

the addres is serviceable to number 10 but the person is at 10B

Optus had to contact nbn to set a new location ID inorder to be serviced, ONLY then was Optus able to book an NBN. Theres no reason why Optus is not able to help. I think it all comes down to speaking with the correct person and department. Try reaching other departments.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

And if nbn come out and cable is not installed depending what network is available-they might turn you away and you then have to fork money outta your pocket for a private contractor to set you up to get nbn and if your renting you need confirmation from your Landlord and most Landlords do not compensate or even cover for these costs. all nbn requirements can be found through the nbn.co website. I see no reason why optus is unable to help if your seking a service with them

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi LRG,

Are you able to elaborate further on the e-mail you received advising Optus are unable to assist? Was a reason provided? Who was the e-mail from?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor LRG
New Contributor

Hi Ray,

Copy of email below.  Please note that as per the email, I went to livechat and called the number.  I just kept on being passed around to different departments.  Livechat said that they could not help me.  I spoke to George at business premium in Adelaide yesterday, he told me that I need to contact the NBNco myself before cutting me off mid sentence and transferring me to Rina at a call centre in the Phillipines.  She could not help me and transferred me back to the call centre in Adelaide.  This is ridiculous!  I just need someone at Optus to register my unrecognised address on the NBNco website.  

DATE: 16/10/2019
ACCT/SERVICE NUMBER: (incorrect account number used)
ANGUS ID: 

Hi (correct name),

Good day.

This is in response to the email that you sent.

I tried calling you today on contact number  at around 11:38AM AEST and I spoke to someone named (name) and said you were not at your desk at the moment she checked.

Based on your previous email to us you were trying to have an NBN order for your place. Generally, we are also dependent on NBN Co.'s information if a particular location is serviceable or not.

Apparently, our team does not have the capability and tools to handle and assist your order and installation concern(s).

As much as we wanted to assist you with this issue; we recommend you ring our Sales Team at 133 343
Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm, AESTl Sat: 9am - 7pm, AEST; Sun: 9am - 6pm, AEST or chat via link: www.optus.com.au/livechat open 24 x 7 for an immediate response on NBN orders.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Teresa
Optus Email Servicing

0 Kudos
New Contributor LRG
New Contributor

@Ray_YC   Are you able to assist with registering our address with the NBNco website?  https://www.nbnco.com.au/missingaddress  

As per my conversation with George (Business Premium Adelaide) yesterday.  I phoned the NBNco 1800 687 626 and was advised that I need to go back through my internet provider.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm not I'm afraid.

Without wanting to continue sending you around in circles, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

Let us know how you go, we may get @Dan_C to provide further guidance.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos