Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Stcher
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN HFC Dropout

I have NBN HFC and get dropouts everyday around 12 pm.  Even after i reset the modem it works for awhile then drops out again. I didn’t have any issue when i had cable before but after switching to nbn i get drop outs daily. I called up tech support ref : 20837178 and all they asked me to do was restart the modem. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: NBN HFC Dropout

When you say "the drop out" happens, do you mean the US/DS/Online lights go off the Arris modem you plug your router into?

If yes, and rebooting the Arris unit brings the service back right? It's possible that there is corrosion on one of the connectors in the street which is causing the Arris device to struggle. You would need to call back with that reference number and say despite the rebooting the lights keep going off and they need to log a job with NBNCo to get it looked into.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Stcher
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: NBN HFC Dropout

Nope.  All four lights are solid green however there is no internet.  I unplugged the modem for 30 seconds then plug it back on then it works.  Howere it drops out again after a couple of minutes.  Checked the modem again all solid green lights.  Then i just leave it for a couple of minutes then goes back online.  Seems like optus dhcp server having issue in assigning ip address to the modem when renewing lease ip

0 Kudos