Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
lanegd01
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN FTTP dropouts

I've had Optus NBN for nearly twelve months. After over six months of virtually no connection. Drop outs wifi fails etc. Four modems later I finally got a service that worked mostly. I've put up with this for six months without lodging a complaint because the Optus support system is so Bad!!. My internet drops out four to five times a day. The fetch TV loses connection repeatedly during the day and it is hard wired!! 

How do I get this fixed without spending hours and days calling Optus which never resolves my problem.

Basically I will be leaving Optus as soon as I can,? if this can't be resolved.

Looking on here multiple people have this issue and it seems Optus just doesn't care.

Perhaps a class action is needed

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: NBN FTTP dropouts

When you say "drop outs", does the NBN FTTP box optical light go red during a drop out?

- Yes: Call Optus and get them to lodge a case with NBNCo

- No: The physical connection isn't failing

Drop outs: Can you reach the modem on 192.168.1.1 during this drop out?

- Yes: This would suggest the problem is upstream of you and your physical NBN Connection

- No: Your modem is faulty, and needs to be replaced.

Ultimately if you have been logging faults and getting no action, please visit www.optus.com.au/complaints to get it case managed.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
lanegd01
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response. I suspect it is the modem as during drop out I can't reach 192.168.0. 1 on a reboot I can. I'm never quick enough to see if the light goes red. The NBN box is  behind a cupboard. The drop outs don't last long but it takes a while for my devices to reconnect.

I've already  had four new modems all do the same thing. The newest black one just does it less often.

lanegd01
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well I bit the bullet and purchased a Dlink cobra. Since install, zero dropouts. Optus needs to get its act together and provide a decent modem.