cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: NBN FTTN Outage

Internet down in Western Australia as well.  Any update from others?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same issue southeast Victoria 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same here Caulfield 3161 - happened 3 times today- I didn’t have this issue when I wasn’t on NBN, it sucks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same here 3122

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, we're sorry for the interruption to your service throughout the day. I've copied this respond from a similar thread. I can confirm that the issue was resolved at approximately 10:40PM. For those of you who are interested to know the reason behind the widespread outage today; it's stemmed from a DHCP server issue. A DHCP server is responsible for automatically issuing users with a unique IP address. Due to the issue, customers were unable to re-connect/renew their DHCP leases. We noticed services coming back online at roughly 7:30 PM however due to the high number of DHCP requests, it's taken a bit longer than expected to have online modem sessions numbers back to normalised/expected levels. If you guys have any other questions, please send them through.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors