Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN FTTC Connection Box

So finally my Optus Modem turned up for my nbn fttc. Been waiting since the 31st of Jan due to the issue with their logistics guys. All excited and open it up to find no NBN FTTC Connection device.

I have been on chat for 3 hours this morning trying to get an answer and have been advised I need an nbn technician to come which can't happen until the 26th!!!!

My understanding as the nbn was only activated in our suburb on the 31st of Jan and is a FTTC service class 33 which we should just be able to self install(plug into the phone wall socket)

But Optus keeps telling me no that needs a nbn tech.

Can someone confirm all I need is for Optus to just send me the NBN FTTC Connection Device or am I wrong here. And if its just for Optus to send me the box how can I make this happen ASAP or do they have them available in their stores as I am sick of waiting to set this up.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN FTTC Connection Box

NBN provide the connection device, not Optus. Optus of course facilitate everything so they're your point of contact but they don't actually hold the stock. 

Unfortunately I've never heard of NBN posting these out but instead insist on the tech appointment. I'm more then happy to be corrected but I think you're stuck waiting sorry. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I have had NBN FTTC (from another Telco) for over a year, was also service class 33.

My telco sent out the NBN network connection device at the same time they sent out their router.
So Telcos are able to send these out, especially with service class 33 for FTTC.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The NCD (NBN box) is actually property of the NBN and remains in the house even after you leave (i.e. you never own it). For first time setup you will need an NBN tech to come out and install it. There may also need to be work done on in the pit outside your street to switch the line over from old Telstra cable to the device that connects to the fibre outside your door (lucky you)
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

that was my understanding. I don't know why them seems to be so hard to get. I don't care if I have to go buy one directly I just need connection asap. Working from home on an adsl with a current speed of 0.35mbps is just a nightmare
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I don't understand why non of this would of been explained when I made the original order, surely that would be a standard question as all I was advised was I would be able to self install and to wait for the order to be delivered
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

You do NOT need a tech visit for Service Class 33

Premises connected to FTTC is now connected, but an NCD (nbn™ device) is still required.

Classes 30,31 & 32 require tech visits.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am starting to see why I am having so many issues with this as there are many conflicting answers on this question. I would of just assumed when I went to Optus to be my provider on a brand new nbn connection they would of by now after 10 years of nbn being in operation a seamless process to make their customers experience one of ease....lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Paddylee how do they get the NCD for the SC 33? Do NBN post it? I haven't come across this scenario before

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Per my previous post, my ISP sent it in the same package as their router.

0 Kudos