Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mickzee
New Contributor
New Contributor

NBN Extremely Slow, Unbeleivable

Hi Optus

We just changed to NBN from Optus Cable to get better speeds.

We are paying for 100/40 MBps and I understand average speeds in peak times may be 70/20 MBPs

In peak times we are getting 1.5/10mbps & non peak 20/20mbps, but we are experinecing extremely slow latency.

We are in Greenslopes and on a Business Account, We cannot operate with the unreliable service.

What do you suggest?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Unchained_Pat
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NBN Extremely Slow, Unbeleivable

What NBN delivery method do you have?  This can have a major impact on what speeds you can obtain.

HFC

FTTN

FTTP

FTTB

0 Kudos
Mickzee
New Contributor
New Contributor

HFC

0 Kudos
Unchained_Pat
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Non peak speed of 20/20 is very odd - looks like you are on a 50/20 plan.

NBN itself have ceased all HFC activations as their are major issues with NBN over HFC including speeds and dropouts.

For your issue though - you would need to log it as a fault as you should be getting faster than what you are currently receiving.

I do know that Optus Business can offer non standard speeds over the NBN such as 20/20 but these are normaly quite expensive but you receive this speed during peak time as well (hence why its soo expensive).

0 Kudos
Mickzee
New Contributor
New Contributor

Tonight’s speeds are 1.6/6.8. 

Running on ADSL1 download speeds.

How can I raise this without sitting on the phone. I don’t have the time to waste when it’s clearly a network fault. 

0 Kudos
Brock_E
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks for flagging the above difficulties you're facing with your internet speeds, @Mickzee. As an alternative to speaking with our Tech Support team over the phone, you can also reach them on desktop here.

0 Kudos